Author Topic: Madison Reed Referral Code Please?  (Read 2842 times)

Beriberi

• Stubble
Madison Reed Referral Code Please?
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:09:24 PM »
Going to make the leap to coloring my hair at home. I'm hoping someone here uses Madison Reed - I think we both can save quite a bit of money if I use a referral code.  Not the most mustachian of hair color products, but it is a good leap to get me out of the salon....

MJseast

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Madison Reed Referral Code Please?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:15:43 PM »
Also looking. Anyone have one? Thanks!

Beriberi

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:15:25 AM »
I' ve been quite happy with it - I never found a referral code, but here is $15 off.

http://give.madison-reed.com/hQcJR

Counting_Down

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »
No to be a wet blanket, but you pay a lot more for those prepackaged kits.  Go to a Sally Beauty or any other beauty supply store and buy your color and developer there.  Developer can be bought in larger sizes and is more economical that way.  You can pick up your starter kit of a bowl and brush while you're at it.

I've found most employees at these places quite knowledgeable and helpful if you have questions, ie: about the level of developer you need.  I started coloring my hair myself at 16 and never damaged my hair that bad even as a stupid teenager, a little googling and some adult common sense and you'll be golden. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:51:46 AM by Counting_Down »

MJseast

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
Thanks for that suggestion. I was looking at Madison Reed mainly because of the lack of ammonia and parabens. Also, there is no mixing, which sounded nice. But perhaps the staff at Sally Beauty would have a similar recommendation. I'll check them out!

Counting_Down

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:42 AM »
Mixing = a few swirls of the hairdye brush (something you'll be doing in the bowl anyway to get the edges and pick up product).  Looks like Wella, Garnier, L'Oreal and Clairol all have formulations without ammonia and most hairdyes marketed as "natural" have no parabens too.  Though, be honest with yourself - hairdye is chemical and you are putting it on your head.  The swapped ingredient for ammonia still has to do the same thing or the product doesn't work.

I personally moved on to henna nearly 10 years ago.  That's about as natural of a hairdye as you can get, and yet I still question if its a great idea leaving it on for long exposure (you leave it on for way longer than "normal" dye) because I can tell I'm absorbing some through my system and making my liver work harder (for a vague TMI). But, I use henna because it looks better than chemical reds (fading has to do with size of dye molecule vs lawsone ~permanent keratin bond =color doesn't fade, and looks more natural), not because I'm overly concerned about "chemicals". If I were, I couldn't justify using body lotion.

Good luck.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »
Have nothing to contribute on the topic of hair colouring but when I saw the title of this I thought it was pretty brazen, and probably not terribly mustachian to be looking for a referral code for that website that sets people up who want to have affairs. But I checked and that's a different Madison. It was an amusing few minutes though, wondering what all the replies could possibly be before I actually got to read the thread. :)

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:58 AM »
Have nothing to contribute on the topic of hair colouring but when I saw the title of this I thought it was pretty brazen, and probably not terribly mustachian to be looking for a referral code for that website that sets people up who want to have affairs. But I checked and that's a different Madison. It was an amusing few minutes though, wondering what all the replies could possibly be before I actually got to read the thread. :)

Hahahahaha.  That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw this as well.

"I want to cheat on my wife, but I want to do it in a Mustachian way.  Does anyone have a discount code?"