Author Topic: Mad Fientist Spreadsheet help  (Read 1442 times)

Roks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mad Fientist Spreadsheet help
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »
Hello all, I'm having issues with figuring out how to use the Mad Fientist's spreadsheet to track my early retirement.  In the "Net Worth" tab, there are many cells that don't apply to me, i.e. credit card 2, 3, Fidelity stuff, etc.  I've deleted those cells, but in the "Investments" tab, I get this "#REF!" message.  Also, do I need to input everything from the beginning of this year or could I simply start with the month of June and include the balance of all my accounts, i.e. 401K, Roth, etc. from June onward? 

Also, any thoughts on how I can account for a pension and possible home purchase in the future?

Thank you.     

newloginuser

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mad Fientist Spreadsheet help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »
I haven't used the spreadsheet you're referring to, but just to provide you with some quick help, I believe you don't want to delete those cells, but instead want to leave them as $0 or some other value otherwise the formula's will not work. That's why you are getting the #REF in certain cells.

Roks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mad Fientist Spreadsheet help
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »
Thank you.  I tried that and it got rid of the message I was receiving, but I still don't understand how to use this spreadsheet.  It's not working for me.  Onto something more user-friendly!