Author Topic: Loyal3 only lists dividend payments to 2 decimals  (Read 2299 times)

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
Loyal3 only lists dividend payments to 2 decimals
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:20:37 PM »
Is it wrong that this bothers me? If the Coke dividend is .305, they list it as .30. They're not skimming the money; my payment is accurate, but it bugs me that it doesn't add up right (and I am by no means an ocd-type), and that I have to go look it up to make my excel spreadsheet balance.

Same thing with something like Unilever only, because I don't know what exchange rate they got, I can't simply look it up somewhere; I have to figure out the dividend-per-share by calculating backwards. It's frustrating that I can't just see somewhere in black and white what it was so that I can reconcile everything.

Why can't they just list the extra digits? Is this a normal brokerage account thing?

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Loyal3 only lists dividend payments to 2 decimals
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a standard on this.  At least, not among the various brokerages from whom we have received statements.  Three to five decimal places on those.

innerscorecard

• Pencil Stache
    • Inner Scorecard - Where financial independence, value investing and life meet
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:37:41 PM »
You shouldn't expect the same accountability from Loyal3 as you would from a real brokerage. To be honest, I think they suck. I was glad to churn credit cards through them before they wisened up, but I think there's no reason any investor should use them unless they are fooled by the marketing.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »
Thank you for the info that it's not standard.

Ha ha, yeah, the only reason I have holdings with them is because I kept some stuff I picked up credit card churning. So if it really bugs me I can transfer them to Vanguard where I already have an account.