Author Topic: looking to pay less for rent...  (Read 2403 times)

FuckRx

• Pencil Stache
looking to pay less for rent...
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »

I'm living in San Diego, close to the downtown area. It's a 200sqft studio without a kitchen. I pay $825 rent with all utilities included so already a great deal, month to month. I pay only $48 for internet. I'm single, no pets. I'm a 35 yo dude so I'm wondering what you guys would do in my shoes. Rent a room in someone's house maybe for 600-700, try to find a cheaper apartment which would put me a little further away possibly from work. Or go uber frugal and do the room sharing thing with another person?

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
Re: looking to pay less for rent...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »
this is pretty much one of those things you have to figure out for yourself. I mean, we can do the math just as well as you can, but nobody else has any clue what your priorities are with respect to your work sitch, social life, things you like to do, etc.

I'd find a place with a kitchen, but that's just me. Maybe you give zero fucks about that. I have no idea.

Unionville

• Pencil Stache
Re: looking to pay less for rent...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »
Excuse me as I get up of the floor from falling down.  I never realized how expensive San Diego rent was. And I thought SF was bad.  You might try an exchange.  My neighbor rents a room out real cheap in exchange for yard work.  Perhaps you might find something like that on Craig's list.