Author Topic: Looking for insight from mustachian recruiters  (Read 1669 times)

intellectsucks

• Bristles
Looking for insight from mustachian recruiters
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:12:36 AM »
I'm looking for a new job, and found a great position that was only a ten minute bike ride from my house. Score!!! Fill out the application online, get contacted a couple days later to schedule an initial phone interview. The morning of the interview, the recruiter emails me to tell me that the position has been filled, but there are a couple other nearby locations. I let her know that my preference is for the original location but that one of the others would be fine for me. We hold our phone interview, it seems to go well, and she says someone will definitely be contacting me over the next week. If I don't hear back, I should contact her. I wait a few days and reach out again. She tells me this position is filled too. Last week I'm browsing jobs again and notice that both positions are still showing as open on the company website and there's a third position about 12 miles from my house. I email the recruiter to ask if she can transfer my application or if I should submit a new one and she tells me that THIS position is filled too. At this point I want to scream
What's going on here? Did I just not get the job and she's telling me in a really indirect way? If I didn't get it I'd like some feedback if possible.
 Should I tell her that the positions are all still showing open on the website?  Should I ask for feedback anyway? Or just write this off as shitty incompetence.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
Re: Looking for insight from mustachian recruiters
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
It's probably just incompetence that the positions are still posted. Taking down the listings probably isn't their highest priority. I know of one job that I saw on LinkedIn and a few other places. I talked to someone at the company who had mentioned the job when it first opened up a few weeks ago and he said they just filled it. A week later it's still up.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:10 AM »
Yep. Having posted positions, once it's filled, you're busy with onboarding and removing the job posting gets moved to the bottom of the ToDo list.

des999

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »
I would definitely ask for feedback, that is a standard thing to do, and it may help you understand what happened.