Author Topic: Looking for help rebuilding my CV/Cover letter  (Read 2404 times)

Sparky

• Stubble
Looking for help rebuilding my CV/Cover letter
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Have been rebuilding my cover letter and my CV for the past few weeks, partly in an attempt to get away from working in the industrial construction industry that I have been in for a little too long (11 years). I can write a solid resume to find work in construction, but feel my resume is very unsuitable for getting other types of electrical work.

Anybody a CV/resume writing superstar out there ? :)

Thanks!

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Looking for help rebuilding my CV/Cover letter
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »
I'm happy to help you if I can, but I have zero experience in the trades. I was responsible for hiring baby associates in my old job (I'm self-employed now) and can write a wicked resume for legal/business/management/consulting. I can also identify anything that might be a red flag from a hiring perspective. If you think that would be helpful for you, PM me with your resume/cover letter and I'll be happy to review it for you.

maryofdoom

• Stubble
  • Jeopardy! loser since 2010
Re: Looking for help rebuilding my CV/Cover letter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »
Professional editor here with an MA in professional writing from CMU (the best program in the country for that sort of thing). I'd be happy to give you (or anyone else here) a hand - just send me a message and we'll get this going.