Author Topic: Looking for extra income ideas but i am fairly restricted in choices  (Read 1861 times)

Mr. Paws

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I have on call duties with my current career that prevent me from having a regular part time job.  I also want to stay away from earning using a computer.  I have tendinitis in both arms and wrists because my job requires heavy computer use.  I really try to stay off the computer when i am not at work to recuperate a little and keep the problem from getting worse. (this would also keep me from working jobs that require a lot of repetitive use of arms and hands).  Any ideas are appreciated! 

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
Re: Looking for extra income ideas but i am fairly restricted in choices
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
physical trainer?

Could help you to fix your own physical aliments and most sessions ~30 mins. so as long as on call is "get here now" but 'get here soon' that could work.

Really need to think about what you enjoy doing and developing that into a professional hobby.

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:25:30 AM »
Freelance tutoring?  Depending on how often you actually get called when you're on call, you could set up a regular weekly tutoring appointment with the understanding that some weeks you might have to reschedule at short notice.

Also, try to think of tasks where the customer doesn't much care exactly when it happens.  Yard work comes to mind.  Or jobs you can pick up from the customer to do on your own time: scissor sharpening, sewing alterations.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:33:13 AM »
I was thinking yard work too.

Or housecleaning.

People generally accept that you'll show up within a certain window of time.

Teaching group fitness at 6 am? Do you ever get called then?