Author Topic: Looking for an “accountabilibuddy”  (Read 2618 times)

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
Looking for an “accountabilibuddy”
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »
Much as I adore the MMM community (you people are so f*ing smart!)  and the responses to case studies, I am looking for an individual to work a mutual exchange of examining each other’s plans and providing feedback.  I work well in partnership arrangements and would love to both provide and receive some targeted assistance with planning.

The person I’m looking for is someone who is relatively in the same ballpark I’m in: single and early 50’s, close to FI and a couple years out on R (I’d say RE but around here I’m way past the sell-date to qualify for the E!)

If this appeals to you please PM me and let’s talk!

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
Re: Looking for an “accountabilibuddy”
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:54:38 AM »
And actually, it occurs to me that some of the rest of you may be looking for your own accountabilibuddy.

Perhaps use this thread then to post who you're looking for and what you need that person to do. (Whoa, sounds like an online dating profile!...long walks on the beach...)

erae

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
Marcia, another way to locate folks could be to start a journal on the forum or read the existing journals. A lot of the people who journal seem to be folks looking to build community over longer periods (versus one-off questions). Good luck!

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
Great idea, thanks. I've toyed with that and keep coming back to privacy issues (like many other posters who have mentioned this). Friends/relatives and employees are also on this forum and my name and location (plus the fact I'm such an evangelist for MMM) make me immediately recognizable to them. I've heard that some folks create a second profile to get around this though, is that right?

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
You can definitely start another account, if you wan to keep things on the down low. Then you can PM anyone you are interested in connecting with and let them know it is you.