Author Topic: Logitech Mice on Mac (OS 10)  (Read 930 times)

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
Logitech Mice on Mac (OS 10)
« on: October 18, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
So I've always been a PC guy, and I don't have a lot of problems on PC (that I can't figure out), but on a Mac, I seem lost. (I'm using one at work.)

The problem arose maybe a week ago. I've got Logitech Options installed on the Mac, and my Logitech MX Master (bluetooth) started erratically jumping. Today, I installed Catalina, the latest update for OS 10. The problem is still there. Now, I uninstalled Logitech Options and the Logitech update Daemon from Application Support, so neither is running. My mouse doesn't seem to have the erratic behavior any more. But...

The speed/acceleration isn't right now, and...
The scroll wheel does nothing.

As someone that spends a lot of time doing things like reading on the internet, having a working scroll wheel (that I paid good money for!) seems like that I'd like to have access to use.

Any suggestions?

(For now I've reinstalled the Options software to get my wheel back. And it hasn't had obvious glitches yet - it had ratcheted up to every few seconds before so I'm in a better place. I don't have a Unifying receiver handy at work but I have a spare at home. I just need a USB hub since this Macbook Pro only has two USB-A ports and they are occupied!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 12:16:08 PM by neo von retorch »

shawndoggy

• Bristles
Re: Logitech Mice on Mac (OS 10)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
Plug in any old wired mouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
Re: Logitech Mice on Mac (OS 10)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
Plug in any old wired mouse?

This sounds awful! But also, I don't have any available ports. It's a ~2014 15" Macbook Pro, I think. I have a Microsoft Keyboard with a USB dongle, and a webcam, because the built-in webcam microphone is awful, and I do lots of Slack audio/video calls every day. So the USB ports are occupied.

Also, are you suggesting this for test purposes, or to give up the things I like about this specific mouse? 😁