Author Topic: Las Vegas question / recommendation.  (Read 5275 times)

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
Las Vegas question / recommendation.
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
  Reader's Digest version.  I have a day in Vegas before flying out.  I have been there before, done the strip, etc.  For a change up I was thinking of staying out of town at The Resort on Mount Charleston, 2 Kyle Canyon rd.  It is about 20 miles out, I think, OK drive distance for me.
  Any thoughts on The Resort or another place to recommend?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Las Vegas question / recommendation.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »
Mt. Charleston is great.  I'd probably just stay at a cheap hotel right off the strip and drive up for the day though, rather than staying there.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
  The irony is that Mt. Charleston is the cheapest thing in town the Friday I'll be there.  Some discount promo they are doing is the reason I even found the place.

NV Teacher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »
What about staying out at Boulder City? 

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
I don't have anything to add to this. But I found it mildly amusing that the thread title is Las Vegas and the OP's nic is Luck better Skill....

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
  The irony is that Mt. Charleston is the cheapest thing in town the Friday I'll be there.  Some discount promo they are doing is the reason I even found the place.

How much?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Dibbels81

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
I've stayed at both The Resort and The Lodge. If it's not too much more, I'd recommend The Lodge, since you'll get an entire cabin compared to the basic hotel room you'll get at The Resort.

lv211

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 09:20:53 PM »
Mt. Charleston seems kind of far for staying one day in Vegas, but it sounds like you got a great deal. You'll definitely appreciate the nature and temperature compared to metropolitan Las Vegas.

Enjoy your stay!

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 05:22:38 AM »

How much?

$100.

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:12 AM »
What about staying out at Boulder City?

Mt Charleston was the better deal.  Work has me driving lots, so 20 miles, 30 minutes is nothing to me.

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
I don't have anything to add to this. But I found it mildly amusing that the thread title is Las Vegas and the OP's nic is Luck better Skill....

Yep.  Over the 4 or 5 times I been there I an down about $25 from playing.  Lucky in my book.

JoshRiverson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:46:46 AM »

How much?

$100.

That really is a good deal!