Author Topic: Issues with a large return of defective inventory  (Read 2183 times)

StartingEarly

• Bristles
Issues with a large return of defective inventory
« on: August 08, 2017, 01:21:53 AM »
I ordered about 13k of inventory that is not only defective it is unsafe. I have had constant problems dealing with them about the return. The level of miscommunication is absurd. They actually had the police at my house over the chargeback I issued saying I was commiting fraud against them. Right now my concerns are they are talking about how to do the return but it is in a way that has a lot of potential loopholes and they get very hostile when I try to push them in the correct direction.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
Re: Issues with a large return of defective inventory
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:08:13 AM »
I assume you have all your money back from the successful chargeback?

If so give them a deadline to pickup the goods, or it goes into the bin.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
Well, I have part of the money, some of the chargebacks got rebilled because of an error with the credit card company and this supplier went out of their way to lie to the credit card company saying I won't take calls from them and refuse to return the stuff. They tried saying I am returning it because "they know for a fact I have bad margins on it". Um, no, it's just dangerous garbage that should have never passed QC. About 1250 of it is on a debit card because I'm dumb. To say it is getting complicated is putting it mildly. It doesn't help that the shipping and handling when I bought it was in excess of 2k and I can't get a clear answer on that being included in the refund.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:28:36 AM »
Keep pressing for a full charge back, and then write of the $1250 as an expensive lesson.

If you have records of phone calls attempted/received, pass those onto you CC company.

I'd always push for, the defective goods are at this location ready and waiting for you "the supplier" to arrange pickup.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
Did you report their false claims to the CC co?
Are they local?  Then picket them.  Only put true facts on your sign(s).
Are they on BBB?   Report them.
Are you a member of a trade organization?  They might be able to help.
Do you have a lawyer? 
Call your local news medias and see if they have any consumer advocacy help.
Do you have the home # of the owner of the Co.? 

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 02:15:54 PM »
Unfoutunately I didn't really vet them before placing the orders, they're basically a shell corporation hidden under multiple layers. I told the credit card company about the false claims and they're claiming there isn't anything they can do and that they're are only a mediator between the company and I. I don't have any home numbers, the only time they've every called me they called me number unavailable.