Author Topic: Is Kemper a good insurance company for auto/home/umbrella?  (Read 1836 times)

ouki

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Is Kemper a good insurance company for auto/home/umbrella?
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
I have been using Farmers for auto, home and umbrella for the last 10 years. Life was busy and never had a chance to look around and compare rates with other insurance carriers. I recently engaged an insurance broker to help me shop around. Kemper's pricing came in and they quoted at least 20% cheaper than what I'm paying today. I am not familiar with Kemper and not sure if they are worth considering. Saving money is good but I'm not willing to take the risk in case there was a claim and not get paid promptly.

Has anyone used Kemper? What was your claim process like when you needed them? Would you recommend switching from Farmers to Kemper to save 20%?  I wanted to hear from someone who actually used Kemper and filed claims with them in the past.

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Is Kemper a good insurance company for auto/home/umbrella?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 10:51:38 AM »
I don't use Kemper myself.  But I recommend you research the ratings for Kemper by going to A.M. Best or Fitch Ratings or Moody's or Standard & Poor's.  Then compare those ratings to other companies and decide for yourself if Kemper fits your bill.