Author Topic: inside workouts + not running the air  (Read 4015 times)

outsidethebox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
inside workouts + not running the air
« on: March 31, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
I have a fitness question. Anyone doing their inside workouts while trying to save on air, and live in a hot climate?
The heat is early and stays late these days etc. This heat makes us want to relax, sit by a fan and drink cold drinks LOL.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
Re: inside workouts + not running the air
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »
I live in a tropical climate, so I have the same problem especially during our long hot summers. Try working out either before the sun rises/after the sun sets, with the windows open. Always having a big bottle of water nearby also helps. 

outsidethebox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
Thanks Adventine. When this crazy pollen dies down I will try that.  I want to try that workout where people carry around bumper plate weights but that looks really really hot.

Steve Ainslie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ainslies.org - becoming a better man
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
I live near Ft Lauderdale and workout in my garage and outside every morning.  The humidity and heat can be brutal.  I try to complete my workouts before 9AM when possible, I drink lots of water and I keep the garage door open and 2 fans going.

Typically I will change Tshirts 2 or 3 times in an hour.

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
Get a couple of powerful fans at garage sales or thrift stores.  Even in heat and humidity a heavy wind can make it much more tolerable.

onehappypanda

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
I don't live in a chronically hot climate but in the summer it gets really hot and muggy here. I prefer not to run the air when I don't need to, plus I like working out in the outdoors.

Going early in the morning has been my most successful solution so far. It's still pretty cool and I'm not tired from the day. That, and a breeze helps- get a fan or two if you're indoors.

The Money Monk

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 11:26:07 PM »
I live near Ft Lauderdale and workout in my garage and outside every morning.  The humidity and heat can be brutal.  I try to complete my workouts before 9AM when possible, I drink lots of water and I keep the garage door open and 2 fans going.

Typically I will change Tshirts 2 or 3 times in an hour.

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

You change shirts during your workouts? Why?

Shit, why even wear a shirt during the workouts?