Author Topic: inhereted two homes with mortgages how to refinance  (Read 2504 times)

anniegreene123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
inhereted two homes with mortgages how to refinance
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
 My husband passed away in 2010 and left me two homes with mortgages. I also have a home with a first and second... I've made it three and a half years now by renting out my home and one of his.. my question is.. how can I refinance my home with a total mortgage of 59K - 39K first mortgage and 20K second....  no one will even consider it....  any ideas?  (of note, the home I live in has 100K equity (with a great intererst rate), my home is the "pig." high interest, I don't have much credit history, but I'm sitting on a lot of equity... almost 500K..

swick

• Magnum Stache
Re: inhereted two homes with mortgages how to refinance
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »
Hi Anniegreene123,

Welcome to the boards, I am going to move this topic to the "Ask a Mustachian" board, you will get some more reads and feedback in that category.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:17:38 AM by swick »

willn

• Stubble
Re: inhereted two homes with mortgages how to refinance
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »
with a total mortgage of 59K - 39K first mortgage and 20K second....  no one will even consider it....  any ideas?  (of note, the home I live in has 100K equity (with a great intererst rate), my home is the "pig." high interest, I don't have much credit history, but I'm sitting on a lot of equity... almost 500K..

Unclear. On the property you want to refi, whats it worth, and what's the loan balance?

Do you like being a landlord? Sounds like you became one by default, not desire or expertise.  How about selling the rental and paying down your other loan with the proceeds. Then refinancing won't be necessary.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!