Author Topic: income imbalance in a relationship  (Read 15509 times)

skp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: income imbalance in a relationship
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »
Added to above.  I must have missed your response to some of my expense questions regarding your finances.  I just saw your last post.  I was under the impression that he was a total freeloader and you were paying all the bills.  It looks like he is paying for his share of the groceries.  He is paying the HOA and you are paying the mortgage.  Which is fair to me because I assume the house is in your name,   One thing you said was that you didn't know what he was spending his money on.  I think you know at least where some of the money is coming from.
He is not costing you money- Other than he is "borrowing" your car and inconveniencing you.  But there are reasons you don't want him to have a car. Parking. Your aversion due to the environment.  He can afford a car. If he got rid of the storage units, he could pay for a parking spot for a car and could buy a car.  This "choice" is as much yours as his.

Kyle Schuant

• Pencil Stache
Re: income imbalance in a relationship
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »
A big tough Mexican man married a good-looking Mexican lady and, after the wedding, laid down the following rules: “Honey, I’ll be home when I want, if I want, and at what time I want, and I don’t expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless I tell you otherwise. I’ll go hunting, fishing, boozing, and card playing when I want with my old buddies and don’t you give me a hard time about it. Those are my rules. Any comments?”

His lovely new bride said, “No, that’s fine with me. Just understand that there’ll be sex here at eight o’clock every night—whether you’re here or not.”