Author Topic: I want to watch NFL, is their any way to do that online?  (Read 7707 times)

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
I want to watch NFL, is their any way to do that online?
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »
I cut my cable cord a couple of months ago and we miss watching  NFL on Sunday's especially. Denver is playing right now and I want to watch it.

Any help?????

StangStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: I want to watch NFL, is their any way to do that online?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
you should be able to pick up CBS and FOX OTA if you have an antenna

I concur.  I've found that with my OTA antenna, I never feel like I don't have enough football, even when my team isn't playing.  It's nice that you can get the Thursday night game on NBC.   You need ESPN to watch MNF, though. 

Not many legit online options, though. 

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »
yeah, forgot to say I can't get any OTA channels, I don't have an antenna and even if I did we live way out in the country and I could only manage to get ABC, I checked into it, I was bummed.

I was searching online, but not having any luck, hoping you guys knew a secret I didn't.

I have NFL Now for my Roku, but it turns out it isn't any live games at all, which is one reason I got this particular Roku it said I could watch live games, I knew it was too good to be true.

TeresaB

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »
NBC will let you watch some of their games online, but it does time out after a while. So you have to be sneaky and download multiple browsers. Clearing cookies/using private browsing unfortunately isn't enough.

StangStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »
yeah, forgot to say I can't get any OTA channels, I don't have an antenna and even if I did we live way out in the country and I could only manage to get ABC, I checked into it, I was bummed.

I was searching online, but not having any luck, hoping you guys knew a secret I didn't.

I have NFL Now for my Roku, but it turns out it isn't any live games at all, which is one reason I got this particular Roku it said I could watch live games, I knew it was too good to be true.

Have you punched your address into tvfool.com?   You will get a good idea of what stations you can get through this awesome tool.

Even if towers are 70 miles away, provided you don't have too many hills you can still reliably get these stations.  It sounds like an indoor antenna like the Mohu Leaf won't cut it for you, but what about a directional antenna mounted in the attic or even on the roof? 

I built my own directional antenna, mounted it in the attic, amplified it, and now I'm receiving stations that even tvfool.com says I need an outdoor antenna to get.   The website is a good starting place, but with the right equipment you may even exceed expectations. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
There are plenty of shady sites from which you can stream any sports game.

Turn your ad blocker on.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
IF you have a buddy with DirectTV and the sunday ticket package, you could see if they would hook you up with the login information to watch it online.

Also, I believe starting next year the Redzone/Sunday Ticket package will have a standalone option (so you could order it without being a directTV customer).

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:44 PM »
Just did a google search and found this, http://myp2p.ec/,  looks like a lot of football listed and for regular cable TV shows, http://www.couchtuner.eu/.

Stlbroke

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 05:29:23 AM »
Wiziwig. I have used this site for several football games this year.

PurposelyVague

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
Ditto wiziwig.  I use it to watch my team's games since I'm out of market. Just make sure to click the x's to get out of the ads and don't download anything.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
  • Live on minimum wage, earn on maximum
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 10:15:47 AM »
Third option --- stream a radio broadcast.   That way you can be doing something meaningful while listening to the game. 

If you want to cure yourself from this addiction you might consult with someone who specializes in addictions.   

It worked for me!
Haven't watched a football game in like 30 years and never felt better!

Stellar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »
@Bob Werner I need that myself... Houston Texan's fan and it's creating too  much stress.

I used to use FirstRow but the pop-ups and quality are super crazy.  :( 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
If you want to cure yourself from this addiction you might consult with someone who specializes in addictions.   

It worked for me!

I donno, you might enjoy coming back to the game.  They have this new thing called the "forward pass" that's really opened up some offensive strategies.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
I will try that Wiziwig.

I'm not addicted, I have just recently last year started enjoying watching football, or more specifically Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. It was fun and we enjoyed it as a family, not enough to pay cable for it though :)

Grateful Stache

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »
  They have this new thing called the "forward pass" that's really opened up some offensive strategies.

HA!!

iamadummy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 03:00:35 PM »
Third option --- stream a radio broadcast.   That way you can be doing something meaningful while listening to the game. 

It worked for me!

poor bob

nuprinmmm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/

cheaper than bars
not very mustachian
my apartment building works
face punches will be ignored
works AWESOME

MOC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »
bosscast.net

FirePaddle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »
Check out the subreddit for your team. Most have gameday threads where they list several online sources.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!