Author Topic: I Tunes alternative??  (Read 4845 times)

snyder66

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I Tunes alternative??
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
I'm looking for an alternative to Itunes.  I do own an Iphone and I'm looking for a simpler media player.  Any thoughts?

schimt

• Bristles
Re: I Tunes alternative??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:51:41 AM »
for media that you already own, or want to buy?

I love my spotify account and app. There is free access, but i think it basically works like pandora. With the $10 a month account you have access to any mainstream music, and can create playlists and download the music to your phone or ipod touch or iPad and can listen to it off line with out streaming and using data.

Not sure if there is an other option then iTunes, to manage media that you already own, to get it onto your iPhone

schimt

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:53:22 AM »
also just saw on spoofee.com, Spotify is offering $5 monthly subscriptions to students. So if you know some one with a .edu email address, you can get it for $5 a month!

http://www.spoofee.com/spotify-premium-subscription-college-students/deals/836901

snyder66

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:13:31 AM »
I thought about Spotify, but I'm looking to lower our monthly spending.  I am just constantly losing music.  Trying to download and load music.  It's really a pain.

schimt

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »
You are probably better off searching or posting in the apple forums for this topic

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
I like Spotify, because it's a defined expense each and every month, not a bunch of little transactions.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 07:21:51 AM »
I'm still not quite understanding.

Are you trying to:
1) Listen to music you already have.
2) Pay for music downloads.
3) Stream music.
4) "Pirate" music.

Answer will vary based on what you're trying to accomplish, and this confused me:
I am just constantly losing music.  Trying to download and load music.  It's really a pain.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

sammysensei

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:55:37 AM »
Here's a couple I found that allow for free music without paying.  Both legal:

Songza
upbeatapp.com

I found myself getting bored with my library after awhile, so both were also great for discovering new or long-forgotten music.  Enjoy!

Nancy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
I use Amazon cloud player to store/listen to music.

snyder66

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »
I'm still not quite understanding.

Are you trying to:
1) Listen to music you already have.
2) Pay for music downloads.
3) Stream music.
4) "Pirate" music.

Answer will vary based on what you're trying to accomplish, and this confused me:
I am just constantly losing music.  Trying to download and load music.  It's really a pain.

I'm looking to organize what I actually have.  But, Maybe I'm just better off with Spotify...

Ishmael

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »
How are you "losing" music? I've been using iTunes since it came out and haven't ever lost a song, syncing across computer, phone, iPad, etc.

Just add it into your library, and then use playlists and etc to sync the music on your iDevice. Just remember that your iTunes library is the "master" version.

Are you trying to manage your music another way (i.e. ouside of iTunes)? If so, how?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.