Author Topic: I started a personal finance blog  (Read 3127 times)

enpower

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I started a personal finance blog
« on: October 13, 2014, 12:16:17 PM »
http://onedollartwo.wordpress.com/

I'm not exactly sure why I started it. I'm not exactly sure how this would benefit myself or other people. I just like to write things, whether it be on paper on on internet forums or word documents outlining my thoughts going through my head.

I thought about the topic for the blog being personal finance as that is one of my interests but I'm not so sure I want to continue to pursue this. Perhaps I'll just write a blog on my life and adventures and what I get up to, more like a journal type thing.

For those of you that have a blog or had one in the past, what did you write about? What are your experiences with blogging? Is it something worth pursuing? I don't want to get famous or make money from it, I just want to express myself and write things for the mental release and the enjoyment or writing things.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
Re: I started a personal finance blog
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »
I blog about re-selling items online. I try to have something neat to say about the item, some cool research, etc. Right now, my plan is to continue with 1 blog post per week (I'm always behind on this). It's fun, keeps me grounded, and I'm also looking at how much I'm actually making from the business. Considering that I have 1 metric butt-ton to list, I don't have a supply issue!

thedayisbrave

• Pencil Stache
  • CFO @ My Life
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »
I enjoy writing and have had my own personal finance blog in the past.  Sometimes I wish I stuck with it, but I got busy with school and then writing turned into a chore instead of something I enjoyed so I stopped.  I got a lot of positive comments from fellow bloggers who already had featured me on their site.  I still blog on random lifestyle topics just for fun - nobody really has the web address.  Just thoughts that go through my head.

I say if it's something you continue to enjoy, then keep at it. 

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »
I blogged when my nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor (he survived and has done quite well).  Kept the info flowing and kept his parents from being swamped with phone calls. 

Rewarding, draining, and I absolutely hope I never have to do it again.