Author Topic: I'm failing  (Read 17428 times)

palebluedot

• Stubble
Re: I'm failing
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 10:55:35 PM »
http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/videos/

Has some full episodes for some of their shows.

ReadySetMillionaire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »
OP: my GF is very into HGTV. We still have cable for other reasons (huge sports fans for all four major sports plus soccer), but Netflix has a ton of HGTV shows now.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 07:32:55 AM »
OP: my GF is very into HGTV. We still have cable for other reasons (huge sports fans for all four major sports plus soccer), but Netflix has a ton of HGTV shows now.

NFL is OTA TV
MLB can be obtained thru MLB.TV (they have gotten rid of my black out restirctions if you are thru Fox Sports)
NHL and NBA can be seen with codes from someone else with cable if you must watch it

all of these are available thru euro sport feeds streamed over the internet. 

point is you dont have to have cable you're really just being lazy to not try to find other ways to watch what you want.

ReadySetMillionaire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »

NFL is OTA TV
MLB can be obtained thru MLB.TV (they have gotten rid of my black out restirctions if you are thru Fox Sports)
NHL and NBA can be seen with codes from someone else with cable if you must watch it

all of these are available thru euro sport feeds streamed over the internet. 

point is you dont have to have cable you're really just being lazy to not try to find other ways to watch what you want.
Don't want to derail this thread, but a couple things:

(1) I've thought about cutting the chord and researched it extensively. But it's a luxury I'm willing to pay for because...

(2) We like sports enough that we are not willing to put up with internet lag during our sporting events.

(3) Our favorite sports are cable heavy (college football, hockey, European soccer) and thus require a cable subscription of some sort to watch. Getting internet-type programs to pay for everything amounts to about $50 per month ($20 for Sling, $9 for MLB TV, $15 for increased internet speed, $7 for European soccer package, and then we are still missing out on local NBA/hockey and NBCSN).

(4) Add that up and it's more than $51/month. The quality is worse than cable. So we pay about another $31/month and have two DVRs, two TVs with on demand, etc. That extra $31 is worth it to us.

More important than anything I just wrote, my situation is far different from OP's situation. I make about $2650 a month (after tax), spend $1300 or so, and then the rest goes to different types of savings. I'm close to a 40% savings rate when it's said and done and I'm happy with that.

OP, conversely, is asking how to get ahead. She mentioned cable being a $115 expense and basically said all she watches is HGTV. I was merely pointing out that she can watch HGTV by way of a different means.

Mustachianism is personal. Some can bike to work. Some can't. Some aren't willing to pay for cable. Some have a few interests that make it worth paying for. Some enjoy grilling meat on Sundays. Some view it as a waste.

Just because someone chooses something different from you doesn't make them lazy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:27:44 AM by ReadySetMillionaire »