Author Topic: HSA Bank  (Read 3540 times)

mrigney

• Stubble
    • Running of the Fools
HSA Bank
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
So just got my account created with HSA Bank for my new HDHP plan (civil servant, DoD, GEHA HDHP).

Any advice on how I should best utilize it? GEHA will put in a $1500 pass through, so I will have that in there to start. Anyone know who to contact to make automatic withdrawals from my paycheck into the HSA? I haven't checked EBIS, but that'll be my next step.

Best investment strategies for folks who have HSA Bank?

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
Re: HSA Bank
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:12:04 AM »
If this is via your employer, payroll or HR should handle the amounts that are deducted from each paycheck and deposited into the HSA.

For investments, I don't have this particular HSA--but just look for the lowest fee index fund option. You could post the options here for us to help you select a fund.

GHG7F0

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:47:50 PM »
I also have GEHA and HSA Bank. My employer is also the Federal Government and they pay HSA’s fee. 

SomedayStache

• Pencil Stache
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:02:20 AM »
Geha pass thru doesn't show up all at once, but spread out throughout the year.  The first geha deposit didn't show up till sometime in Feb the year we opened our hsa.

I was able to use mypay to create automatic contributions to my HSA (payroll tax free).  You just have to know your HSA account number.

abhe8

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:38:21 AM »
Yes to this... Geha puts in $125 each month. You can contribute thru mypay however you want. I fill the hsa over 2-3 paychecks in jan-feb.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

o0olizo0o

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
I had to ask my HR department about getting the form to change my HSA withholding, but every agency/dept is different. Also, like someone else posted, my employer pays the fee so I keep a small amount in my HSA account and transfer the rest to a TD Ameritrade investment account. If you go with TD, be sure to do the fee-free ETF agreement and then you can select any of the listed ETFs without paying trading fees.

afox

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
Does anyone with a GEHA FEHB HSA via HSA Bank know if you have to invest your HSA funds with either of the two HSA bank investment options (TDAmeritrade or Devenir)?