Author Topic: H&R Block Review  (Read 3837 times)

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
  • Kermit is like a box of chocolates
H&R Block Review
« on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »
Has anyone utilize this service:

http://www.hrblock.com/tax-offices/extended-tax-services/past-taxes.html

From the website:

"Are you sure you got your full refund last year? What about the last three years? Depending on your circumstances, you may not have claimed all the credits or deductions you deserve. We'll check returns for FREE that you or others prepared and we may be able to get you more money back."

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:48:56 PM by Kaikou »

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
Re: H&R Block Review
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »
okay nobody then....

Platypuses

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 06:32:28 AM »
I used it before. I wait 4 years then go in. They have noticed one mistake that got me an additional $283 refund. They charged me $80 to resubmit that years tax filing. It seems worth it. They try to get you to file the current years taxes with them when you go in, but I just say no.

MacGyverIt

• Bristles
  • Location: Not in a tropical, underpopulated location. And that's just wrong.
  • What Would MacGyver Do?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
Avoid H&R Block like the Ebola that they are. Years ago before I knew better I used them for tax services and spent thousands in taxes -- they didn't even inform me that, at the time, I could've deducted my student loan interest. I lost thousands before I learned about TurboTax and I'll never look back.

F-ck H&R Block.

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
I used it before. I wait 4 years then go in. They have noticed one mistake that got me an additional $283 refund. They charged me $80 to resubmit that years tax filing. It seems worth it. They try to get you to file the current years taxes with them when you go in, but I just say no.

i don't want to pay anything. Just see if they can show me what I missed. will i be able to do that? I can resubmit with their correction. I want to look at 2014 -2011

COlady

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
CPA here. I've seen them find additional deductions.....deductions that the client isn't actually eligible for. Avoid HR like plague.

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 10:59:09 PM »
CPA here. I've seen them find additional deductions.....deductions that the client isn't actually eligible for. Avoid HR like plague.

okay thanks. I'm actually pretty tax savvy and was actually thinking of taking their course.

You don't recommend...?

If one felt that they missed some deductions, what would be the best route to explore that on your own?

dess1313

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 11:11:56 PM »
they hire joe smith's off the street and teach em for a few days on how to use a program that does all the work.  IF they are smart enough to use it right.   there's only the manager that MIGHT know what they're doing. 

I had to tell one of them my address and i spelt it out loud slowly for them 5 times and the damn guy still could NOT get it right.  He was a freaking idiot.  wouldn't find his way out of a paper bag.

Do not go here.  Get a real accountant or get some tax software