Author Topic: How to get 73 dollar amazon prime.  (Read 4680 times)

purple monkey

• Bristles
How to get 73 dollar amazon prime.
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:09:40 AM »
So AP membership expires 2-10-2016. I just tried to end it. Amazon keeps it active until then, whether I keep it or not.
Husband has non-prime account. Same home address.
Can we get one with home for prime for $73?
Then cancel mine on the 29th?
TIA

enb123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: How to get 73 dollar amazon prime.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:12:46 AM »
Last year I just emailed Amazon Customer Service and asked them politely as a longtime member if they would extend the discount to me, and they did!  I don't know whether they'll do it for me again, but if you've never asked before, it's worth a shot!

DeltaBond

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:13:20 AM »
I tried to cancel mine, too, but it gave me some message about it not being beneficial to me to end it, so it would stay active until... hmm, this Tuesday is the date.  That really upset me, because beneficial or not, its my choice if I want to cancel it, ya know?

It was $70+ dollars 2 years ago, and last year they not only automatically renewed me but bumped it up to closer to $100.  I am not happy about that at all.  I wonder now if I can just close my account out completely tomorrow and start over or something.

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »
I just cancelled.
After 9 years of my business, it did not matter and the rep. was rude too.
Thanks everyone.

kmb501

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »
I'm a Prime member with Amazon, too. I order a lot of things from them, though, so maybe it's worth it?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:06:14 PM by kmb501 »

Cathy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:44:20 PM »
I tried to cancel mine, too, but it gave me some message about it not being beneficial to me to end it, so it would stay active until... hmm, this Tuesday is the date.  That really upset me, because beneficial or not, its my choice if I want to cancel it, ya know?

My Amazon Prime subscription was going to end in about two weeks, so I wanted to cancel it immediately to take advantage of the discounted rate. I was also blocked by the message you are describing. However, I initiated a text chat with a customer service representative and asked them to cancel the subscription immediately. The representative promptly complied, with no questions asked. I was then able to purchase a new subscription at the discounted rate.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:48:36 PM by Cathy »

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »

My Amazon Prime subscription was going to end in about two weeks, so I wanted to cancel it immediately to take advantage of the discounted rate. I was also blocked by the message you are describing. However, I initiated a text chat with a customer service representative and asked them to cancel the subscription immediately. The representative promptly complied, with no questions asked. I was then able to purchase a new subscription at the discounted rate.

MMM to the rescue.  Yes, it worked.  That was the work around.  If they even gave you a slight refund, then it would trip up the system.
Canceling immediately took me off and I was able to get it at $73.  Saved some major money, as I was going to be charged $99 in two weeks.

Thank you all!!!

kmb501

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:51 AM »
I need to try that trick when it's time for me to renew my subscription again. As it stands, I had to save up to renew it for the full fee last time.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!