Author Topic: How to achieve my goal of earning $250 per month passively?  (Read 1751 times)

skchamp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
How to achieve my goal of earning $250 per month passively?
« on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:32 AM »
Hi Mustachians,

I am from a developing country working towards my goal of early retirement and taking up farming full time.

Can someone tell me some ways to achieve my goal of earning $250 per month passively?

YoungInvestor

• Bristles
Re: How to achieve my goal of earning $250 per month passively?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »
You don't include a lot of details about what you can or can't invest in, so I'll give the standard advice.

That is roughly 3000$ per year. It would be reasonable to target that with about 75-85k$ in diversified index funds.

Being in a developed country, the are likely some more productive things to do with the money, although they would also be riskier.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:34:24 PM »
Hi Mustachians,

I am from a developing country working towards my goal of early retirement and taking up farming full time.

Can someone tell me some ways to achieve my goal of earning $250 per month passively?

We have no idea where you are and thus what might work for you.   We don't know what your skill sets or resources are.  Give us some clues.

Farming is generally hard and risky work.   Farming would NEVER be on my list of things to do that I would think qualify as being retired at.

cincystache

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »
The short answer is: Buy 75k worth of stock index funds and then withdraw $250 per month for the rest of your life. (adjust upwards each year for inflation).

How to get 75k? Spend less or earn more and put all the surplus into index funds.

As others have said, more details would help. Where are you from?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!