Author Topic: How many loads of laundry per week?  (Read 47350 times)

KittyCat

• Stubble
Re: How many loads of laundry per week?
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »
Oh how I love laundry!

I'm geo-batching right now, so there actually isn't much to accomplish. I wear the same uniform for a week, just re-iron it daily. I also go through 5 undershirts, 2 after work outfits, and 2 sets of workout clothes. Socks. Underwear. I could get away with one load, but I have to separate out the undershirts and bleach them. Otherwise they turn grey and have to be replaced.

Seems like quite a minimal laundry list~ Is your avatar of a Lanturn?

peoria

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »
4 loads every 5-6 weeks. 2 adults. Whites/darks/brights/ towels&sheets.

Wash our comforter which takes a load on it's own about once every 2 months or so.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »

Oh, I'm spring cleaning at the moment so between loads of clothes I'm also washing our doona cover, blankets, and cushion covers, and giving them a couple of days on the line to air dry.

Spring cleaning in September - please don't be from Australia. If you live in the northern hemisphere, we are on the same wavelength.

Sorry to disappoint. :) Days are getting longer, temperatures are getting warmer, the washing is getting dry in a day, and I am relishing it all with child-like wonder!

belgiandude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
One load every 10 days. DINKs.

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »
Is your avatar of a Lanturn?

Possibly...? I thought it was an angler fish when I shamelessly stole it from the internet. I thought it went well with the theme of my username.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
Our Bajillion loads per week is down this week... 7 yr old has only woke up wet twice this week. Small victories people, small victories. I think the early rise time since back to school has made the difference.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2015, 09:11:14 AM »
Our Bajillion loads per week is down this week... 7 yr old has only woke up wet twice this week. Small victories people, small victories. I think the early rise time since back to school has made the difference.

What worked for my brother until he was 10 or so was that he'd go to bed around 7:30, when my parents or I were going to bed (11ish?) we'd wake him up for a quick bathroom trip (we were lucky - he'd basically sleep-walk through it and pass right back out), and then wake him up at 6 for school. Wouldn't work for a non-deep-sleeper, but if it helps...

KittyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »
Possibly...? I thought it was an angler fish when I shamelessly stole it from the internet. I thought it went well with the theme of my username.

It definitely is an angler fish either way (Lanturn is based off of it); it was the coloration that made me think that it was. In any case, looks good :)

Britan

• Bristles
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
I don't do my fiance's laundry, so I can't speak for him. I do about 2 loads (1 hot, 1 cold) of clothes every 2 weeks. We've been doing the towels and sheets once per week lately because we are fighting fleas, but usually do those every... 4 weeks? Honestly it's so infrequent I can't even estimate.

Related question:

I don't have a washer/dryer in my current place. To use the ones in the building, it is $1.50 per wash and $1.50 per dry. I already hang dry *most* of my clothes, but what about washing? I'd like to save the laundry machines for towels and sheets only if I can. Washing and hang drying those in our no-outdoor-space-studio would be... logistically challenging.

Does anyone hand wash most or all of their laundry? Are there any tools for it out there? Is there any way to do it without having to spend money on something I don't already have (e.g.: sink, bathtub)?

KittyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
I don't do my fiance's laundry, so I can't speak for him. I do about 2 loads (1 hot, 1 cold) of clothes every 2 weeks. We've been doing the towels and sheets once per week lately because we are fighting fleas, but usually do those every... 4 weeks? Honestly it's so infrequent I can't even estimate.

Related question:

I don't have a washer/dryer in my current place. To use the ones in the building, it is $1.50 per wash and $1.50 per dry. I already hang dry *most* of my clothes, but what about washing? I'd like to save the laundry machines for towels and sheets only if I can. Washing and hang drying those in our no-outdoor-space-studio would be... logistically challenging.

Does anyone hand wash most or all of their laundry? Are there any tools for it out there? Is there any way to do it without having to spend money on something I don't already have (e.g.: sink, bathtub)?

I think that you may want to consider the amount of time that you'd be spending washing the clothes. Drying without a machine works well because it does not require much interaction, but that's not the case for washing. However, if you don't have much to wash and/or it's something that you don't mind spending your time on, then more power to ya! With that said, I don't have any real advice. My mom used to hand-wash clothes and it looked like a lengthy and tedious process.

Britan

• Bristles
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2015, 11:42:11 AM »

Related question:

I think that you may want to consider the amount of time that you'd be spending washing the clothes. Drying without a machine works well because it does not require much interaction, but that's not the case for washing. However, if you don't have much to wash and/or it's something that you don't mind spending your time on, then more power to ya! With that said, I don't have any real advice. My mom used to hand-wash clothes and it looked like a lengthy and tedious process.

Definitely a thought. I have a fairly minimalist wardrobe - not quite Project 333 level, but I think I have maybe 50 items total in my closet? Including about 15 scarves that rarely if ever get washed. Hopefully that would make hand washing my stuff a little easier, because there isn't much of it. Most of the items are fairly delicate too and I really *should* be hand washing them as per the labels, I just ignore it for now. :)

It's just hard to handle paying $24/month for laundry when that is more than the cost of my whole electric bill at my last place - which *had* an in unit washer/dryer on top of the fridge, tv, microwave, electric stove, etc. And my last place was literally right next door to my new place so it's not a difference in electric prices.

KittyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
Definitely a thought. I have a fairly minimalist wardrobe - not quite Project 333 level, but I think I have maybe 50 items total in my closet? Including about 15 scarves that rarely if ever get washed. Hopefully that would make hand washing my stuff a little easier, because there isn't much of it. Most of the items are fairly delicate too and I really *should* be hand washing them as per the labels, I just ignore it for now. :)

It's just hard to handle paying $24/month for laundry when that is more than the cost of my whole electric bill at my last place - which *had* an in unit washer/dryer on top of the fridge, tv, microwave, electric stove, etc. And my last place was literally right next door to my new place so it's not a difference in electric prices.

Well, it never hurts to try it out for a while to see if you'd continue hand-washing. My mom only used a sink, some cleaning substance, and hot water, but there may be a more efficient way to hand wash nowadays. Hope someone can help you out, and good luck!

norabird

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »
Oops, did forget to mention the number of loads; it's probably 2-3 each time, so maybe more like one load a month if you're spreading it out. But there are two washers in our building basement so I put them in at once, with an extra load after while the first are drying. Would love to hang dry. I should probably do the sheets more often but I just haaaate it and it's a time-suck when the w/d unit isn't in the apartment. Total cost each time is probably $12ish.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »
@ Britan - watch CL for an apartment sized combo unit. They often come up for free or close to it here. You just have to beat the scrap metal guys to it.

If the challenge is with space, I have nothing to offer. And handwashing is a pain, so I seek out ways to avoid it.

Matt_D

• Stubble
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »
One load of cloth diapers every week, two washer loads/one dryer (hang the rest) every week or so.

One load of cloth diapers per week? How old is your diaper-wearing child? We're about to go into diaper phase again and w/ a newborn I'm expecting every other day for diapers and assorted things that have been fouled.

Right now we probably average 6ish loads a week for 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids under 7). We try not to wash things unless they're actually dirty - but overall, we get a lot of things dirty!

People doing a load or two a month... I guess you don't do sports/workouts and don't have a job requiring formal attire? I would probably be at 2/week just by myself.

norabird

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2015, 02:35:27 PM »
Personally I let my workout gear get pretty grungy before it's washed. If I need to I handwash the sports bra and I have a big supply of t shirts to swap in if needed. The shorts usually air dry fine and are ready for use again. I figure if I'm on a run no one needs me to smell like roses (I also run slowly so I don't sweat toooo much if it's mild out). As for work, I have a big supply of dresses and skirts which hardly ever need to be washed. Jeans also don't need much washing and most shirts can be worn much more often than once when it's not back to back. I use the smell check or toss something in the laundry bag when it becomes stained. I'm sure if my washer/dryer was in unit I'd wash things more, but having to get quarters and lug everything downstairs and stay in for an evening or afternoon to do it is a real disincentive. From a watyer and energy standpoint (and for clothes lasting longer) it's better to be sparing anyway.

Jouer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »
2 adults - 1 load of regular a week, 1 load of delicates every 2 weeks. Towels and sheets as needed.

We both workout / play sports multiple times per week. The one load of regulars consists of our work-out clothes plus under garments/socks/t-shirts.

Both work in finance and dress the part. Formal work clothes do not need washing after every wear. Pants go until something is spilled on them or I feel they need a washing. Shirts get multiple wearings as well - at least 4 or 5 times. I change the very second I get home from work. These items make up the every 2 weeks delicates loads.

Britan

• Bristles
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
@Prospector: Sadly I can't install my own W/D because the building doesn't have the infrastructure in unit to do so, and I rent so I can't add it, but I do agree that it's a great idea for anyone with that option! (Unless there are some that don't require additional hookups. If so please tell me what to look for, I am interested!)

I think as middle ground, I'm going to start hand washing the articles of mine that "should" be hand washed as per their instructions. I have 2 loads worth this weekend, at least 50% of which "should" be hand washed, so I'll report back on how that goes. Luckily I don't pay for water utilities so this should truly save the full $1.50 from the wash cycle.

KittyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »
I think as middle ground, I'm going to start hand washing the articles of mine that "should" be hand washed as per their instructions. I have 2 loads worth this weekend, at least 50% of which "should" be hand washed, so I'll report back on how that goes. Luckily I don't pay for water utilities so this should truly save the full $1.50 from the wash cycle.

Sounds like a plan and a good start :)

Tigerpine

• Bristles
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2015, 06:05:54 AM »

Well, it never hurts to try it out for a while to see if you'd continue hand-washing. My mom only used a sink, some cleaning substance, and hot water, but there may be a more efficient way to hand wash nowadays. Hope someone can help you out, and good luck!
http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Washboard-2072-Family-Size/dp/B0000CBILJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442664157&sr=8-2&keywords=washing+board

I've only used one once, but don't forget a tried and true tactic:  the washboard.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:26:47 AM by Tigerpine »

TN_Steve

• Bristles
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »
2 people with "dress up" jobs. 2 loads every sunday (sometimes saturday if we both are likely to work on sunday).

But, I wear suits 5 days a week (weekends are super casual in office) and just gym shorts/T at home; DW wears scrubs a day or two most weeks, and 1/3 of her office clothes that need drycleaning. 

When we had 3 teenage boys at home, was 4-5 loads, I believe.

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
  • Kermit is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »
4 loads a month

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2015, 04:10:32 PM »
It's out of control here - about 4-5 loads a week for two adults. We each bike to work (20+ miles a day), so each day generates very sweaty commute clothes, a change into work clothes, dirty commute clothes go back on for the ride home, then lounging around the house clothes. The house clothes get worn a few days before washing, but the others are wear once and clean. Plus my husband will bike home, change into other nondrenched workout clothes and lift weights, then shower and change again.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2015, 04:28:20 PM »
One load of cloth diapers every week, two washer loads/one dryer (hang the rest) every week or so.

One load of cloth diapers per week? How old is your diaper-wearing child? We're about to go into diaper phase again and w/ a newborn I'm expecting every other day for diapers and assorted things that have been fouled.

Right now we probably average 6ish loads a week for 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids under 7). We try not to wash things unless they're actually dirty - but overall, we get a lot of things dirty!

People doing a load or two a month... I guess you don't do sports/workouts and don't have a job requiring formal attire? I would probably be at 2/week just by myself.

Diapers should be every other day. I used to do every third day sometimes because we used disposables at twice-a-week daycare. I wonder if maybe their child was not wearing them every day--maybe just on weekends? They get pretty stinky if not washed promptly.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »
I'd say 1.5 loads per week. Two-person household.

redbird

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »
1-2 per week. 2 adults.

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2015, 06:33:24 AM »
1 per week for 2 adults - including when we do towels and sheets (it's about one per 10 to 15 days + the occasional towel/sheet 2nd load).

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2015, 07:27:54 AM »

Diapers should be every other day. I used to do every third day sometimes because we used disposables at twice-a-week daycare. I wonder if maybe their child was not wearing them every day--maybe just on weekends? They get pretty stinky if not washed promptly.
She is in daycare which requires disposables so you are correct she only wears them on weekends and evenings.  In addition she is in the middle of potty training so that decreases it some.  We have not found the diapers to be any different than when we did the wash every three days.  But then again we do separate them right away and rinse unless we are out.  That might make a difference.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:28:18 AM by Gin1984 »

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »
Just me, but I have 2 cats. I average to 1.5 loads a week. That sometimes works out to 3 loads every 2 weeks.

Change towels weekly, sheets every two weeks. I'll probably switch to weekly sheets due to allergy issues. I dislike making the bed, but I like not being able to breathe even less.

My roommate, however, has a horse. Horse clothes and regular clothes are 100% separate. And she has a massive wardrobe. She honestly could go 2-3 months on regular clothes except for socks/undies/bras. Horse clothes - if the weather swings between hot and cold, she can go at least a month.

On the other hand, I've seen her room. Much prefer mine :)

Britan

• Bristles
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2015, 11:01:11 AM »
Reporting back on my hand washing experience. Mixed results depending on the harmed type.

Delicates, undergarments, t shirts, hand wash only items: great success and not actually that hard

Yoga pants: not so good.

Method:
Water+clothes+dr. Bronners +sink+washboard
Soak
Scrub
Rinse twice
Wring
Roll in dry towel
Line dry

I had 4 delicate sweaters, 1 light blouse, 5  t shirts, a cotton dress, 3 camisoles, and 3 work out shorts and yoga pants, and underthings.

It took about an afternoon to do it all. Not any more or less time than with the machine, though slightly more hands-on.

Everything but the yoga pants went well. Im sure they aren't as truly and perfectly pristine as if I used the washer, though they look and smell clean so I'm not sure what else I can ask for. The yoga pants didn't dry all the way though and are a bit musty.

You'll notice I left out my trusty pair of jeans. They don't get washed often but when they do, they are so dirty they need to go in the washing machine. Plus wringing them is a beast.

Overall, I think I'll keep doing this and maybe do 1-2x/month load of jeans and yoga pants.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
She was running a laundry service as a side business?

We had a roommate at one point that ran the washer/dryer at least twice PER DAY.  I still don't know what the hell she was doing.  And whenever I took a peek, they were always full loads.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
I have all my clothes guaranteed not to bleed (anything new gets washed in the sink by itself until it doesn't bleed, plus I cold water wash, which helps).  So clothes are one load.

Usually one load per week of clothes. One load per week of towels. One load every two weeks of sheets.  It's just me and the dog.  The dog has enough fur, no laundry items from her.  I have adjustable water levels on my washing machine, so a small load gets the appropriate amount of water.

I find it is affected by several things - if I am low on clothes for a particular season, I wash more often because things are rotated more frequently.  When it is a super hot humid summer I change clothes more than once a day, so that makes for more laundry.  I love air dried sheets, so the sheets may get washed a bit early or late depending on the forecast. 

Re sheets, fitted bottom sheets really changed the laundry dynamic.  When I was a little girl, back in medieval times, my Mom changed the beds once a week.  The top sheet went on the bottom, the bottom sheet went to the wash, a clean sheet (from last week's wash) went on top.  That meant each sheet was on the bed for two weeks.  So fewer sheets per wash, done more often, but she had two kids so there were three sheets in each load.  Of course we all knew how to do mitered (=hospital) sheet corners, I had to do that as part of my housekeeping badge in Brownies.  I have fitted bottom sheets, so they get done as one load.

mabinogi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:22 AM »
We probably do about 5-6 as well, although I don't keep track. 4 in the household, including a baby and a toddler who are both in cloth diapers. The baby's a spitter, which means that sometimes the adults go through more than one outfit a day as well! We don't own a dryer, so everything gets hung to dry.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »

Related question:

It would involve spending money but this would make hand-washing easier.

http://thescrubba.com.au/

We have one for travelling.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:51 AM »

I loathe hand-washing but that's nearly making me want to give it a go. Cool!

Lady Fordragon

• Stubble
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2015, 07:20:56 AM »
For our two person household, we do about 4-5 loads of laundry every 3-4 weeks.  During the summer months, I tend to hang up most of these clothes on our clothesline outside, which means that I only put about one load into the dryer every time I do laundry.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:27:54 PM by Lady Fordragon »

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2015, 07:14:48 AM »
One person, one load every two weeks. It helps that I don't sweat much and that I have a desk job without any client-facing duties.
After reading this post, I've been rethinking my clothing habits.  I mean, she lives in the PHILIPINES!  Therefore I know that the heat and humidity of South Carolina is no excuse.  I'm trying to get to the 1 load / 2 weeks benchmark by the end of next month.

Cheering you on.  The environment and your wallet will both thank you.  Plus, think about all the time you'll reclaim!  :)

Ah, sorry for the late reply. I missed all the thread updates!

A couple more things to explain how I can go two weeks between laundry chores in a tropical climate:

1. I really don't sweat much or get much dirt on my things.
2. I don't have kids or pets.
3. I handwash and linedry my underwear at the end of every day. I don't count it as a "load" because it is, literally, two small pieces of clothing a day.
4. I spend most of my day in an air conditioned office.
5. Since I'm a homebody, most of my free time is spent indoors.
6. I don't have space for my own washer or dryer, and my loc laundromat is expensive (HCOL area), so I'm super motivated to keep things clean.

It won't work for everybody, but that's how I manage. Laundry is entirely dependent on your lifestyle and personal circumstances.

icemodeled

• Stubble
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2015, 05:23:57 PM »
Wow, seems like everyone is doing non stop laundry!

We (just 2 of us) do about 3 loads every 2 to 3 weeks. The laundry hamper just doesnt fill up to fast.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
1 adult, one or two loads per week. Depends if there are towels, dishtowels, or the once a month load of sheets. Dryer is rarely used--I hang everything up to dry.

Water and electric bills are very low.

Tigerpine

• Bristles
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »
One person, one load every two weeks. It helps that I don't sweat much and that I have a desk job without any client-facing duties.
After reading this post, I've been rethinking my clothing habits.  I mean, she lives in the PHILIPINES!  Therefore I know that the heat and humidity of South Carolina is no excuse.  I'm trying to get to the 1 load / 2 weeks benchmark by the end of next month.

Cheering you on.  The environment and your wallet will both thank you.  Plus, think about all the time you'll reclaim!  :)

Ah, sorry for the late reply. I missed all the thread updates!

A couple more things to explain how I can go two weeks between laundry chores in a tropical climate:

1. I really don't sweat much or get much dirt on my things.
2. I don't have kids or pets.
3. I handwash and linedry my underwear at the end of every day. I don't count it as a "load" because it is, literally, two small pieces of clothing a day.
4. I spend most of my day in an air conditioned office.
5. Since I'm a homebody, most of my free time is spent indoors.
6. I don't have space for my own washer or dryer, and my loc laundromat is expensive (HCOL area), so I'm super motivated to keep things clean.

It won't work for everybody, but that's how I manage. Laundry is entirely dependent on your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
I'm back to once a week.  I can do once every other week, but it's aweful tight.  If it rains during my designated laundry week, walking to the laundry room is not pleasant.  Or if I wait a day or two, I quickly deplete my stores of clean clothes.

It was a good trial, though.  If I ever own a washing machine myself again, I'll definitely revisit the challenge.

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2015, 12:25:44 PM »
One load a week takes care of all my laundry. I rarely wear anything white or light coloured and wash everything together. I wear only raw denim jeans which don't get washed very often, perhaps every few month, hand-washed and hung dry. My wife is the same but since she works in a relatively high end retail department store and must look "proper", she wears delicate clothing which she washes by hand. We hang dry everything except my wife's towels. I also have been making our liquid laundry detergent from a mixture of borax, washing soda and soap flakes, which cut significantly on our laundry costs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:28:32 PM by ykphil »

Healthandwealth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
4 or 5 loads a week. Arghhh.

2 adults and 2 teenagers. Lots of sports. Kids allergic so towels and their bed linen are washed often on high temperature.

Line dry everything exept towels and bed linen.

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »

Related question:

This is cool. I think I'll get one!  And the video gives me the urge to wash my clothes while traveling the world.

katstache92

• Stubble
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2015, 11:53:15 AM »
2 loads per week for one person.  Thankfully my washer adjusts the amount of water based on load size.  So I do one small load of work clothes and one larger load of clothes I wore at home that are covered in cat hair.  I am not willing to mix the two loads, I have tried it in the past and it drives me nuts trying to get the cat hair off the work clothes.

Plus I guess a load a month for towels or sheets.  I should probably do those more often, oh well.

OlyFish

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
3 loads; one sheets/towels, one dark, one light.

maybe once a month I might do an additional load if we go camping or do something equally dirty, or if I decide to wash the slipcovers.

FrozenAssets

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2015, 06:46:06 PM »
Family of 6, we do 7-8 loads a week.

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2015, 08:02:15 PM »
Family of three-5 loads a week.

yuka

• Bristles
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »
22 year-old guy living alone, I do a load every 12-25 days, I'd say. Normal is two weeks; sometimes I make it to three, but never four. My most recent one was only a week wait because of washing sheets before fiancee flies in tomorrow to visit.

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »
My wife and I do our own laundry. I do 2 loads every 2 weeks. One light colors and one dark colors.

Eric222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2015, 05:18:35 AM »
Just me and my 2 kids 50% of the time ~ so I guess an average of two people.  The washing machines in my basement are huge, so I do on average 2.5 loads of laundry a week.  One for my clothes, one for kids clothes, one for everything else (but every other week) - sheets, towels, etc.