Author Topic: How do you invest in low cost mutual index funds in Europe (Ireland)?  (Read 995 times)

SmileAllDay

• Stubble
  • Traveling full-time with my wife since '16.
    • So, where were we?
Hey there!

My brother who's a few years younger than me wants to start investing. As I live in the US, the options available to me (Vanguard/ Betterment) are not available to him.

Does anyone know where to get started? I want him to strike while the iron is hot and get those years of investing in his twenties.

Any advice you guys have about investing in Europe, and Ireland specifically, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and happy Friday!

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
Re: How do you invest in low cost mutual index funds in Europe (Ireland)?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 06:47:58 AM »
Hi there,
There is a meet-up group thread for Dublin so you might consider posting a link to this thread there to get the attention of the Irish contingent.
You could also do worse than to have a look at [urlhttps://www.askaboutmoney.com/]askaboutmoney[/url] for the ins and outs of setting up whatever the current best Vanguard equivalent is. I left in 2008, so can't actually offer any specially relevant advice.
Assuming he's working, and that his company offers a pension, do make sure that he has checked it out fully and is contributing as much as is needed to take full advantage of any tax advantages and/or company-matching.
Good luck.

SmileAllDay

• Stubble
  • Traveling full-time with my wife since '16.
    • So, where were we?
Re: How do you invest in low cost mutual index funds in Europe (Ireland)?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
Awesome, I'll check it out. Cheers Moonwaves!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!