Author Topic: How do i pitch a new product/service to a big company?  (Read 1196 times)

skysoclouds

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
How do i pitch a new product/service to a big company?
« on: June 18, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
Hi! its my first time posting here on MMM and i honestly found this forum by sheer accidental luck.
The names skysoclouds and im in college right now dual enrolled into the last 2 years, Im good at making
  • Graphics 2D/3D
  • Software
  • Complete Websites(Backend+frontend)
  • Mobile App development
  • Internet of Things development
Me and a group of friends started our own company this year but none of us know how to market products or anything, so we have not sold anything.

We are working on a music streaming app right now, and honestly i think with the current trend in the market in my country(not the US/EU/AU) the app we are making might have a chance if promoted and marketed correctly.
There are 2 companies right now that i think probably can market the app right and more importantly give it the access to features it needs, these 2 companies deal with mobile and broadband sort of like verizon in the US or Orange in the UK.

Now since the situation is outlined,
how do i pitch our product to one of these 2 companies?
Do i just walk in and ask to see the manager?
and even if i do pitch what kinds of documents would i need?
Do i need market research(no clue how to do that)?
would i need personal connections to pitch this product/application(dont have any personal connections)?

jamesbond007

• Pencil Stache
  • One penny at a time.
Re: How do i pitch a new product/service to a big company?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It's good to have the drive and entrepreneurial spirit.

I ran a startup, music streaming, in one of the "3rd world countries" and I do have experience taking it from launch to shutting down. Here are my 2 cents.

1. Startup M&A, funding is all about connections. Connections, connections, connections. Start attending meetup groups, startup groups, boot camps etc in your area to build your network. It takes time but that's how it is done.
2. Don't depend on a partner to launch. Try launching it yourself and get some users or, better yet, customers. This is invaluable. Use this data to improve your app/service. Use this data in your pitch. Get feedback from your users (App store reviews, ratings, hours spent, etc.) and talk about high engagement.
3. Use data from #2 to map out potential revenue depending on your monetization model.
4. Keep iterating #1,2 and 3.
5. Reach out to people on LinkedIn about your app/service.
6. Pitch at every opportunity.

Good luck.

There's no magic bullet. It's a lot of blood and sweat.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 08:23:24 PM »
Google "guerilla marketing"

skysoclouds

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:44:19 AM »
Hey! and thank you for everyone who replied, even if its a little advice it helps, id love to see more advice and/or tips from you.
Thank You!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!