Author Topic: Chase Checking+Saving $500 bonus - Does it work?  (Read 8408 times)

Morpheus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Chase Checking+Saving $500 bonus - Does it work?
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:16:16 AM »
Hey all,
Few months ago I saw that chase gave a bonus for new customers - $300 Checking and $200 Savings:
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/chase-500-total-checking-savings-review/
I couldn't find any coupon or promotional code so I decided to wait and check again later.
Today I searched again and found their $150 Checking and $150 Savings bonus on thier website: https://www.chase.com/checking/chase-coupon
After some more searching, I found $300+$200 coupenes are being sold on ebay and are still valid: http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=chase+500+coupon&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true
Given that I do not have a problem with their conditions (direct deposit and 15K balance) - Is that real? Anyone here bought one of those coupons?
Anyone knows if chase are doing a soft/hard pull ?
Any risk of trying one of those coupons besides losing the ~$5 the coupon costs on ebay?

terran

• Magnum Stache
Re: Chase Checking+Saving $500 bonus - Does it work?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 05:12:00 PM »
I received my own coupon in the mail so I can't speak to whether or not buying one on ebay works, but I have so far received the $300 and I'm waiting on the $200 as I haven't yet met the time requirement, so I would say it works.

I think it's neither a hard nor soft pull as I have my credit frozen and had no problems opening the accounts. As far as I had been able to learn they run you through Chex Systems which is like one of the three main credit bureau's but focused more on your banking history (I don't have this frozen).

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
Yup, absolutey it works. I've bought them off eBay before and gotten these bonuses.

I'd look around for a $300 checking + $200 savings, and then just do the checking. The savings usually requires a $10k or $15k deposit for 90 days, and your money is better spent chasing better account bonuses.

It's not a hard pull for the bank accounts. I don't know if it's a soft pull or a ChexSystems inquiry, but it doesn't really matter much so long as it's not a hard pull on your credit report.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »
I just signed up on Saturday.  This offer is ending this Friday

If you currently have an account with Chase, go to this link and log in, and you can print a coupon code for the $300+$200 offer here: https://www.chase.com/customer/rb_acquisition_351125_xlob05011.html?ID=0000018761&jp_aid_a=64788969&jp_aid_p=chasehome_3/hero

You need to open the checking account with at least $25, then just have one direct deposit to get the $300 bonus.  To keep the account fee free, you need either $500 of direct deposit per month, or a balance of $1500.

For savings, you need to put in $15,000 and keep it there for 90 days to get $200.

Both need to be kept open for 6 months or you will forfeit the bonus.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 08:29:24 PM »
I'm tempted to do this, particularly the checking - it seems like free money? And I just opened a card with them and being able to pay from Chase might be better than an ACH transfer.

Can you just cancel the checking account after a while if you want?

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »
I'm tempted to do this, particularly the checking - it seems like free money? And I just opened a card with them and being able to pay from Chase might be better than an ACH transfer.

Paying from Chase really makes no difference. In fact, I highly recommend you don't do this. Don't set up payments from an account you intend to close later. I churn a lot of bank accounts for bonuses, and I would drive myself crazy if I set up automatic payments from a churning account because then I'd have to remember to cancel them and set up payments again from a different account. I have one account that earns 3.09% interest with 12 debit card transactions and a couple other requirements that are easy that I use as my primary bank account. All other accounts I churn, and never set up any payments from.

Can you just cancel the checking account after a while if you want?

Both need to be kept open for 6 months or you will forfeit the bonus.

Morpheus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08:23 PM »
I'd look around for a $300 checking + $200 savings, and then just do the checking. The savings usually requires a $10k or $15k deposit for 90 days, and your money is better spent chasing better account bonuses.

@johnny847, Thanks for confirming it works. Which other account bonuses are out there?

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 11:13:54 PM »

@johnny847, Thanks for confirming it works. Which other account bonuses are out there?

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/

Morpheus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 12:51:48 AM »

Thanks! :)

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 06:06:33 AM »
Just so everyone knows, you can do the Chase bonus once per calendar year, as long as you are opening the accounts at least 90 days after you closed them.

So if you jump on the offer now that is ending Friday (in my post above), you'll keep them open until January.  You can then open them again next April for another $300 or $500.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 08:03:43 AM »

Thanks! :)

It's a fun and profitable game once you start playing. I made over 2k last year!

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »
I wonder if you can do this online, not sure where the nearest Chase store is to me and I'm on vacation this week and going to a bank isn't high on the list of things I want to do :)

Morpheus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
Just so everyone knows, you can do the Chase bonus once per calendar year, as long as you are opening the accounts at least 90 days after you closed them.

So if you jump on the offer now that is ending Friday (in my post above), you'll keep them open until January.  You can then open them again next April for another $300 or $500.

@kpd905 , On the coupon from ebay it says the offer is valid until August. Are you sure it's ending this Friday?

Tester

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:10 PM »

@kpd905 , On the coupon from ebay it says the offer is valid until August. Are you sure it's ending this Friday?
If you did not buy it yet, I just got one in the mail.
Let me know to give you the code, I gave several to work colleagues, they are hunting them like crazy :).
I started to think I should open those accounts too :).
Edit: mine says it is valid till 09/02.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »

If you got a coupon from Ebay, it isn't ending anytime soon.

If you go through the link that I posted (only works if you have a Chase account), then that offer is ending Friday.

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 06:44:22 AM »
I wonder if you can do this online, not sure where the nearest Chase store is to me and I'm on vacation this week and going to a bank isn't high on the list of things I want to do :)

I just tried opening a checking account online with that offer code, but at the end it said that the code could not be applied online, and that I would have to go to a branch.  Don't know if that's the case for everyone.