Author Topic: Housing in Pittsburgh?  (Read 1752 times)

ryanthequark

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Housing in Pittsburgh?
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »
Hello friends,
My girlfriend and I are looking for a cat-friendly place we can stay in Pittsburgh for 3-6 months.

I'm a recent doctoral graduate of the University of Washington, currently looking for work. In mustachian fashion, I have enough savings to last me a year. She works full time, doing software installation for a clinic scheduling company. We have one cat, Sage, who's neutered and is good with other cats.

Obviously we're looking on craigslist, padmapper, and whatnot, but I'm posting here in case any of you know of more mustachian opportunities. I'm thinking one of you may have a mother-in-law cottage or disused upstairs you'd like to rent out, or maybe you're going on a long vacation, and you're willing to rent us your place in the meanwhile, and have us look after your cats or plants. Or maybe you just know of specific rental opportunities through your existing networks. If so, please PM us.

And thanks!

ryanthequark

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Housing in Pittsburgh?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »
Oh yes: this may be relevant. We'll be arriving in Pittsburgh sometime between the 6th and 10th of September. But we're happy to start renting from the 1st.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Housing in Pittsburgh?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 08:33:17 AM »
Just a thought--I don't live in the 'Burgh, but my daughter and s-i-l have a house in Highland Park. It's a nice area, with a lot of younger, professional-type families. Daughter says it is really up-and-coming, with new restaurants, boutiques, etc. opening all the time. She says prices for housing are going up rapidly, too, though. They rent out their downstairs apt., but it's not available currently. My husband and I used to rent it from them, which is how I became familiar with Highland Park.  Why not contact the Highland Park Community Council and get on their list serve? It might be helpful in getting a feel for the neighborhood and finding somewhere to live.

hpccpgh.org