Author Topic: Home refinancing....but with who?  (Read 1069 times)

mistymoney

• Handlebar Stache
Home refinancing....but with who?
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:02:38 PM »
Looking at bankrate, Amerisave, interfirst, Ally, and Homefinity seem to have the best rates.

Homefinity has the best ratings.

Never heard of them before!! Any experiences? How to investigate?

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Home refinancing....but with who?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:50:59 AM »
I have not heard of them. Instead, I write to encourage you to check out your local credit union. Such organizations often have a great mix of competitive rates and strong customer service. Good luck!

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
Looking at bankrate, Amerisave, interfirst, Ally, and Homefinity seem to have the best rates.

Homefinity has the best ratings.

Never heard of them before!! Any experiences? How to investigate?

I used Homefinity to refinance last year back in March (?) when we had a nice little dip.  I believe what they are is what would be called a mortgage broker, they work as a middleman between you and lenders and they make money on the spread of interest rates and commissions.  So that means they will sell your mortgage to someone else shortly after it closes...  they are open about this and not trying to hide that fact.  The loan servicer I got after the fact was super low rated but I've had no issues with them and even had to be on the phone with them once or twice.

achvfi

• Pencil Stache
  • Health is wealth
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
Try local credit unions too.

If you are having difficult time getting reasonable closing costs like fees, if you are costco member, try their service for getting quotes. They help limiting fees you can be charged.