Author Topic: Home Power Usage Monitor  (Read 2492 times)

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache
Home Power Usage Monitor
« on: November 15, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »
Does anyone have one? I would like a system that I can log into at the end of every month and look at charts and graphs of my power usage for my whole house.

Does anyone have suggestions, I got on Amazon but there are so many options. I also want to be able to monitor my 220V stuff as well.   I would not want to spend more then 300$, let me know if you have any suggestions or experience with these systems.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Home Power Usage Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »
I have used this system http://www.amazon.com/Efergy-EE-HH-T2-Engage-hub-kit/dp/B0128Z0K1I/, which does what you want, for the last two years and it has been very good. You can connect up a couple of different sensors, which could monitor your 220V stuff too. The monthly view looks something like this:

I have enhanced mine to show instantaneous and cumulative daily data by coding an in-home monitor and linking in solar production and weather information like this:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:26:08 PM by Ozstache »

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 05:19:34 PM »
Pretty sweet,  I don't know how to code so I hope its pretty plug n play.     What I want it for is to monitor my AC / Heat.   I think its doing some un energy efficient stuff when Im not looking (I think defrost cycle is getting stuck, or the heat strips are coming on when they shouldn't be) , and short of watching it for 24 hours, a monitoring system is the only way I think Ill find out whats really going on.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »
Pretty sweet,  I don't know how to code so I hope its pretty plug n play.     What I want it for is to monitor my AC / Heat.   I think its doing some un energy efficient stuff when Im not looking (I think defrost cycle is getting stuck, or the heat strips are coming on when they shouldn't be) , and short of watching it for 24 hours, a monitoring system is the only way I think Ill find out whats really going on.
The first image (graph) I showed above, and variants thereof, is automatically displayed on the Efergy Engage website for your system - no coding required. The daily graph, like below, should be able to answer your query.