Author Topic: Help! Issues with Airvoice and MMS to/from Iphones?  (Read 818 times)

onemorebike

• Bristles
Help! Issues with Airvoice and MMS to/from Iphones?
« on: February 05, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »
We are rocking a solidly inexpensive ($18 a phone) plan at airvoice that seems to occasionally miss group texts/images from iphone users. I've got a Moto G6 and I've tried different messaging apps and searching the web for similar issues but haven't come upon anything that works.

Anyone here have a similar issue and have a similar solution?

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
Re: Help! Issues with Airvoice and MMS to/from Iphones?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »
Have you had an apple ID associated with your number in the past? If so, make sure your phone number is not tied to it anymore.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

DenverDad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »
I recently had that issue, and none of the remedies found on the web were able to resolve it. It was specifically an issue after I would either send or receive an MMS message. Ultimately, my moto g6 was at the end of its life, so I moved to a cheap(er) iPhone.

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:12:00 PM »
Thanks Paul, this wasn't it but I've run into this suggestion online (with no success. :\)

Have you had an apple ID associated with your number in the past? If so, make sure your phone number is not tied to it anymore.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 07:13:15 PM »
Jury is still out but I may have found a solution - empty cache, and ensuring that data roaming was enabled. So far so good but I'll know more in a few days, I'd bet.

It'll be interesting if the issue is specific to the MotoG6.

I recently had that issue, and none of the remedies found on the web were able to resolve it. It was specifically an issue after I would either send or receive an MMS message. Ultimately, my moto g6 was at the end of its life, so I moved to a cheap(er) iPhone.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!