Author Topic: Headspace Alternative?  (Read 4457 times)

BrooklineBiker

• Bristles
Headspace Alternative?
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
Hi everyone,
Can anyone recommend an iPhone app for mindfulness meditation that is similar to Headspace but free or only a few dollars? (Headspace is about $100 a year and the mustachian in me seeks a cheaper alternative).
Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Headspace Alternative?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
DIY.

Google for mp3s of the type of meditation guidance you're looking for, download them, and play them.

There's hundreds of guided mindfulness meditation mp3s out there.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
Calm.com has an app which I haven't tried, but you can preview the website from a browser to see if you want to try it. There's a free version of the app which I may try, but I wouldn't "upgrade" to the pay version, because it's a recurring "subscription," not a purchase.

I do like the website, which is free. I use it for calming background music at work more than I do for meditation, but it's good for both.

BrooklineBiker

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
Thank you Rural and Arebelspy

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!