Author Topic: Have you noticed yourself evolving?  (Read 4068 times)

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
Have you noticed yourself evolving?
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
At the beginning of BLT season, I asked myself, "How would it be if I used two slices of bacon instead of three?"
Answer:  I couldn't tell the difference

On the next sandwich I asked myself,"Do I really need mayo or am I just using to hold the salt on the tomatoes?" 
Answer:  Sprinkling the tomato slices with salt tastes just as good

Today I asked myself,  "Why not put a lid on the pan and not wash it till tomorrow after breakfast,  thus making tomorrow morning's omelet slightly bacon flavored?"

Have you found yourself going through a series of experiments like this, if so, share the process.

MillenialMustache

• Bristles
Re: Have you noticed yourself evolving?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
I do this as well. Another way I do a similar process is in regards to throwing away clothing --- hmmm, I can wear that one more time. Ok, maybe one more time...and then before I know it I stretched out the item's life another month or two.

(Note - I do donate some clothes, but we really wear ours out before we get rid of them. We also cut cotton into rags).

mak1277

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
What are the official dates of "BLT season"...I must know.

Kriegsspiel

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »

It goes from May first to the 31st of April.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
I don't know if I would consider it evolving as so much a case on "constant optimization" For Hubs and I it is a game we play. Figuring out how much is "enough"

Example, toothpaste commercials always show using a full line of toothpaste. If you look on the instructions it says "pea sized amount"  we look at it and go, hmm what is the least we can use and still get the results we want, or more often,  ask if we can make our own?

This works for pretty much everything disposable/consumable. Making it into a games brings a lot of awareness and some fun discoveries.

You MUST have better access to tomatoes then we do :)

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
I don't know if I would consider it evolving as so much a case on "constant optimization" For Hubs and I it is a game we play. Figuring out how much is "enough"

Example, toothpaste commercials always show using a full line of toothpaste. If you look on the instructions it says "pea sized amount"  we look at it and go, hmm what is the least we can use and still get the results we want, or more often,  ask if we can make our own?

This works for pretty much everything disposable/consumable. Making it into a games brings a lot of awareness and some fun discoveries.

You MUST have better access to tomatoes then we do :)

Yup that is exactly the sort of thing I mean.

BooksAreNerdy

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Hot damn! I love BLT season! Though, mayo is not optional and 4 slices of bacon is not a sin either. :)

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
Hot damn! I love BLT season! Though, mayo is not optional and 4 slices of bacon is not a sin either. :)

Maybe I should have titled this thread "Bacon and Hedonic Adaptation: