Author Topic: Have all this leftover wood from a loft bed that I took apart and no longer use  (Read 799 times)

flow321

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
https://imgur.com/a/9Z4jwHG

Click the link above to see a pic of the wood I'm mentioning below.

I have all this leftover wood. Don't know what kind of wood it is. Can I sell it and if I do is it worth anything? Where would I sell it if I can? If I can't sell it, what else could I repurpose or save it for? Should I just give it away? Or should I just throw it in the garbage? I'm looking to develop my upcycling skills so throwing it in the garbage is the last option. This is for NYC. Thank you.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
If you don’t immediately have a project in mind you could use it for, I would post if for free on Facebook Marketplace, or whatever people use in your area most for classifieds, to whoever wants to come pick it up, and if that didn’t get any takers I’d throw it out/burn it/recycle it

Greystache

• Pencil Stache
It looks like pine, which is not particularly valuable. A 1x4 x 8ft. board is worth around $8.  Because yours is cut into various lengths and already finished, it is more difficult to use and probably not worth as much.  If you want to sell it, your best bet is to sell it as a bed frame rather than lumber.  I would try to sell it on CL or Offerup.  If it does not sell, then list if for free.

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
Free pile.

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
I live near a university and buying/reselling bed lofts for the dormitories was a side business for some people. They just needed a place to store them for a couple of months over the summer, plus time to disassemble/reassemble. They could be bought for $20, then resold for $200.

OP, just put it up for sale on Facebook or Craigslist. Hopefully you have a picture of it assembled, otherwise there will be reduced interest.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
I'd post it on my local Buy Nothing group. 

flow321

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Thank you for all your replies. I will post it up on Facebook Marketplace for free and also craigslist.

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
I'm building two shelves for the sewing room with the side boards of a bed we tore apart in the summertime.  Also took the footboard and used a router to plane it into a 10 mm thick board to replace a piece under the couch of our 41 year-old camper van.

Almost anything can be reused by someone.

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
Isn't it still a loft bed, just taken apart?  Did you break it or lose all the hardware during disassembly? It has the most value as a loft bed since somebody already when to the trouble to design it and build it as such.