Author Topic: Has anyone used this online bank called "Simple"?  (Read 2240 times)

peachfuzz1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Has anyone used this online bank called "Simple"?
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
https://www.simple.com/

Their philosophy intrigues me and I wonder if any more experienced mustachians have used it and/or can provide good comparison with other online bank options, based on their vaster knowledge of the market.

I think one of the most interesting aspects is a mint-like budgeting capability that maybe even looks superior to Mint, though I might need to look a little closer. Whaddaya think?

Quince

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Has anyone used this online bank called "Simple"?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 02:32:07 PM »
My husband and I have simple accounts. He loves it, I like it.

We still use  Mint because we use accounts that are not simple accounts, and we like having one place to view all accounts.

Customer service is awesome.  Their app's ability to capture checks for image-only deposit is so-so.  No joint accounts.

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
Re: Has anyone used this online bank called "Simple"?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »
I had forgotten about Simple back when I had a Windows Phone. Thanks for the reminder - looks like they did some upgrades in August that broke some things with the Android app, but it looks like they should have it fully working by the end of the year. I signed up for an invite and I'd like to try to use this as my "allowance" account, where I trickle some money into this and can't spend any other money.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:23:08 PM by MDM »

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking