Author Topic: Guest email to Financial Samauri; is it Mrs. MM?  (Read 3646 times)

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
Guest email to Financial Samauri; is it Mrs. MM?
« on: February 15, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »
https://www.financialsamurai.com/if-you-love-your-spouse-youd-make-them-financially-independent/

Not trying to be nosy... I read this article this morning, and the guest email was far too familiar... Mrs. MM?

Did anyone else read it? Regardless, it's a good article on focusing on the bigger picture (at least once I become FI :) )

"daughter from school and shuttling him "

I think daughter was a curve ball in the email... But then she says "him"

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
Re: Guest email to Financial Samauri; is it Mrs. MM?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »
https://www.financialsamurai.com/if-you-love-your-spouse-youd-make-them-financially-independent/

Not trying to be nosy... I read this article this morning, and the guest email was far too familiar... Mrs. MM?

Did anyone else read it? Regardless, it's a good article on focusing on the bigger picture (at least once I become FI :) )

"daughter from school and shuttling him "

I think daughter was a curve ball in the email... But then she says "him"

I thought Mrs. MMM had her own career?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
It has the smell of an entirely fabricated letter.

Which, I should add, totally goes along with FS' "livin' large"-Suze ways.

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
Why is this even worth discussing? It comes off as gossipy, and while you may claim to not be nosy you are being a terribly unreliable narrator in this one.

Regardless of who it is this is akin to rubbernecking on the highway to see an accident.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »
It has the smell of an entirely fabricated letter.

Which, I should add, totally goes along with FS' "livin' large"-Suze ways.

Agreed. It's almost like the letter jumps from one "that could be MMM" point to another; some of which are purely speculative points mind you, but those speculations have been made. If the author of that letter was trying to hide her identity, I think she would have avoided comments like "He’s always jockeying to promote his business by doing interviews and TV spots".

If this was fabricated with the intention of readers thinking it was Mrs. MM, well that's a kind of dirty I'm not even familiar with. Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 12:10:54 PM »
Obviously fake.  The relationship advice that followed was terrible as well. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but occasionally somebody will link to Financial Samurai from here, and the articles are always just...dumb. 

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
This is so clearly a made-up letter targeting MMM -- specifying the dates, the changes in income levels, all the way down to the supposed "oopsie" of referring to the daughter as "him."  IDK if it's a poke or a joke, as I thought FS and MMM had some issues a while ago, but I don't really follow those sorts of things (or read FS).

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
Yeah, looks totally made up.  If you wonder why FS would want to poke at MMM see this post:

https://www.financialsamurai.com/mmm-divorce/

He's still fuming about perceived  slights from years ago (plus MMM's success).

nick663

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 10:05:29 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but occasionally somebody will link to Financial Samurai from here, and the articles are always just...dumb.
He's trying to be the TMZ of the financial world.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »
This is so clearly a made-up letter targeting MMM -- specifying the dates, the changes in income levels, all the way down to the supposed "oopsie" of referring to the daughter as "him."  IDK if it's a poke or a joke, as I thought FS and MMM had some issues a while ago, but I don't really follow those sorts of things (or read FS).

Seriously.

It's insulting to think the former Mrs. MM would write such a poorly crafted letter.