Author Topic: Good website that tracks all my bank accounts and brokerage accounts  (Read 2355 times)

FIREball567

• Stubble
Hi. Does anyone know of a good website with an app that I can use to keep track of all my bank account balances and brokerage accounts?

use2betrix

• Magnum Stache
Re: Good website that tracks all my bank accounts and brokerage accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
Personal Capital is amazing when set up. Mint is good too.

I find Personal Capital is better for investment tracking, progress, etc. mint is better for tracking spending. I used to use both frequently, but now just use Personal Capital (which also has some soending tracking features)

FIREball567

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
Thanks. I'll check it out. Are there any fees with Personal Capital?

use2betrix

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »
Thanks. I'll check it out. Are there any fees with Personal Capital?

None! They may hit you up occasionally to offer a financial planning service but you can just say no. I actually had a meeting with and advisor that put a whole investment strategy for me together, but I still said no lol. It’s a great program.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:14 PM »
+1 to Personal Capital.  If you link over $100k worth of investments they will usually call to see if you want to pay for their advice.  Just say no and the calls should stop.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:21 AM »
Why would you want a third party knowing all your accounts?  Seems like not a good idea.

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 05:47:40 AM »
Why would you want a third party knowing all your accounts?  Seems like not a good idea.

I agree. Personal Capital seems like a great tool and all, but I'd rather not give logins that provide full access to all my money to a 3rd party against the terms of service of my financial institutions. If my bank gets hacked that's on them. If Personal Capital gets hacked "Whoops, I guess you shouldn't have given them your account, we told you not to."

I wish banks would offer logins that provided read only access to your account. That would be a great way to let customers use these third party tools without as much risk.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »

I agree. Personal Capital seems like a great tool and all, but I'd rather not give logins that provide full access to all my money to a 3rd party against the terms of service of my financial institutions. If my bank gets hacked that's on them. If Personal Capital gets hacked "Whoops, I guess you shouldn't have given them your account, we told you not to."

I wish banks would offer logins that provided read only access to your account. That would be a great way to let customers use these third party tools without as much risk.

Some banks do allow read-only access, but not all. But I'm in the camp that I don't want a third party to even have read-only access. I'll stick with GnuCash for tracking all my accounts.

tralfamadorian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
I switched from personal capital to mint. Same idea, slightly different execution. Mint is owned by Intuit, which also owns TurboTax; security is supposed to be the same across all their brands.