Author Topic: Gas stove burner not lighting anymore  (Read 1199 times)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Gas stove burner not lighting anymore
« on: January 18, 2021, 03:07:02 PM »
I have a gas stove with electric igniters for ea burner.
One of then isn't lighting the burner anymore.   The igniter sparks, but it doesn't light - unless I fan the gas toward the igniter with my spoon rest or oven mit.
Can this be fixed?  How?

rockeTree

• Bristles
Re: Gas stove burner not lighting anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
Any crud in there? On ours there are a couple of parts, including a removable cap, and when this happens pulling off the cap and cleaning all the pinholes and little vents under it has always gotten it going again. If there's gas and there's spark it can't be a big problem, right?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 06:14:31 PM »
Had that happen with one of my burners, and indeed it needed a good scrubbing.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
Any crud in there? On ours there are a couple of parts, including a removable cap, and when this happens pulling off the cap and cleaning all the pinholes and little vents under it has always gotten it going again. If there's gas and there's spark it can't be a big problem, right?
I cleaned all the parts - but I didn't look for, or clean, any pinholes.   Thanks.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 11:25:17 AM »
I cleaned all the parts - but I didn't look for, or clean, any pinholes.   Thanks.
I should have said "I HAD cleaned all the parts"...

I found and cleaned the pin hole, using a brush pick (for teeth) - no change.   I soaked it in soapy water and cleaned it...  I soaked it in vinegar and cleaned it...
I compared the gas outlet (that the burner (part) sits on) of this burner with a good burner (with a flashlight).  Noticeable difference.  I cleaned it with the brush pick.  It BURSTS into flame!!!!  With the FIRST spark!!
Thanks so much!!

rockeTree

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »
Hooray! Congrats on your flames.