Author Topic: Folks near Denver - is the toll road worth it?  (Read 1308 times)

myrrh

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Folks near Denver - is the toll road worth it?
« on: September 05, 2019, 02:05:35 PM »
I am going to be traveling by car from Albuquerque to Cheyenne in the next few weeks and am wondering if it's worth it to take the toll road around Denver. I have little to no experience with toll roads, but google tells me cash is not an option. I will be taking a rental car so don't know the license plate number yet. What say you mustachian folks in the Denver area?

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Folks near Denver - is the toll road worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 02:39:54 PM »
I wouldn't think it would make a huge difference. Just expect traffic on I-25 like you would around any major city. Avoid rush hour and lunch hour if you can.

IslandFiGirl

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »
I wouldn't bother with the toll road either. 

myrrh

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »
Ok, I was thinking that it probably isn't worth it, just wanted to double check with local folks. Thanks!

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
I am going to be traveling by car from Albuquerque to Cheyenne in the next few weeks and am wondering if it's worth it to take the toll road around Denver. I have little to no experience with toll roads, but google tells me cash is not an option. I will be taking a rental car so don't know the license plate number yet. What say you mustachian folks in the Denver area?

If you pass through near rush hour, it will absolutely be worth it. I-25 through the Denver metro area is a horror show.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:59:09 PM by MilesTeg »

PaulMaxime

• Bristles
  • Absolute power doesn't corrupt, it reveals.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 10:52:05 AM »
I loved the toll road when I lived in Boulder and was going to the airport or any points east. You're trading money for convenience and speed of travel.

One thing I'm willing to do is to save lots of time by spending a little cash. It's my personal money values.

Really only necessary during rush times though.

kenner

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Like the others said--if crossing through morning/evening rush hour, worth it, otherwise it's definitely not.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!