Author Topic: Flannel Sheets - Willing to Invest  (Read 2682 times)

Edge of Reason

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Flannel Sheets - Willing to Invest
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »
I just pulled them out for the season (two twins and a queen) and I see that they are due for an upgrade/replacement (ripped, pilling and thinning- threadbare).  Any suggestions for a good quality brand that will provide many nights of comfort?  I am willing to pay if they are a good quality and last.

cynthia1848

• Stubble
Re: Flannel Sheets - Willing to Invest
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »
Lands End, LL Bean, or Garnet Hill.  I usually buy from Garnet Hill (v thick flannel) but at the end of the season when they go on super sale.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »
LL Bean or Vermont Country Store. They usually say Made in Portugal. They last for years, and are well worth the price.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
Land's End aren't what they're cracked up to be. They pill like nobody's business.

I did some research and wound up with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FVZKX6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was prepared to pay $100 but these seemed like the best option. I have only had them for a wash or two, though, so I can't personally comment about their longevity.

mustachianteacher

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »
LL Bean: the "chamois" kind. They're amazingly soft AND strong, and they don't pill.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!