Author Topic: Fixing a Mop  (Read 1208 times)

BrooklineBiker

• Bristles
Fixing a Mop
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
Hi everybody,
I have a question on fixing my Rubbermaid Reveal mop with a spray gun built in. It is this mop https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-1892663-Reveal-Spray-Mop/dp/B00FEBARJE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528989181&sr=8-4&keywords=rubbermaid+mop&dpID=41lyWCJDU4L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch. It worked great for a while. But the spray gun slowly lost power over time and eventually stopped spraying at all. I called Rubbermaid (terrible customer support!) and they claimed that the Murphy’s Oil Soap I’ve used to clean our hardwood floors had clogged it. They recommended using hot water to break up the clog. I tried hot water and ammonia but that resulted only in a minimal restoration of spraying.
-Does anyone have ideas on what else might break up the alleged clog?
-Is something else causing the problem?
-If I should buy another spray mop, what can I use to clean our wood floors instead of an oil soap?

afoonah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Fixing a Mop
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:24:54 AM »
Water with a small amount of vinegar is safe and effective for wood floors. Also, pure vinegar in the mop may dissolve your clog, if that's what it is. Maybe microwave it first to heat it up. Good luck. Also, looks like we might be neighbors.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!