Author Topic: FIRE Blogs that have work stories  (Read 2622 times)

samsonator54321

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
FIRE Blogs that have work stories
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »
I really enjoy hearing in-depth stories about what drove people to FiRE, and just other stories about how crazy work environments can be.  I especially liked the stories in the “The Job Experience”  section of livingafi.com.  I’ve been on a few other retirement sites and have yet to find something similar to livingafi.com. If any of you know of another site you’d like to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
Re: FIRE Blogs that have work stories
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »
I really like that section of Living a FI too - it's got this wonderful raw truth to it. I'm amazed he was able to remember so many little details from so long ago.

I personally don't post work stories on my blog, and my reasons are probably similar to a lot of people's - I'm not retired yet, don't want to burn bridges just yet, and a lot of my memories of the specifics have faded over time.

But posting to follow, because I love reading other people's shitty work stories.

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
Re: FIRE Blogs that have work stories
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
I have a job section on my blog. It's not nearly as verbose as livingafi's stories but there are some doosies in there. I wrote them mainly so I'll have a record of what I went through, since I tend to forget the details of that kind of stuff over time.

Investedlife.wordpress.com