Author Topic: Fax forwarding/printing on another printer?  (Read 1953 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Fax forwarding/printing on another printer?
« on: April 11, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
Hey all,

Was curious if anyone knows of a way to 'forward' faxes to a printer that might be on the same network. Is this even possible? My in-laws have a Brother MFC inkjet printer at their restaurant and it's a little slow when they get Grubhub, Eat24, etc orders faxed in. I have an unused Xerox 6180n laser jet sitting around that I want to get rid of and it would be perfect in terms of printing faster for their needs, but I would need to figure out a way to direct incoming faxes to print on the Xerox. I suppose I could setup a fax server or use an online fax service to accomplish this? My in-laws are technically inept so that might really throw them off though, and it seems like there's more room for something to go wrong (like if my FIL unhooks the laptop or turns the wifi off inadvertently, etc).

Any ideas?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Fax forwarding/printing on another printer?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
It's been years since I thought about fax solutions :) But you might try Winfax.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Re: Fax forwarding/printing on another printer?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »
What's a fax😀

Seriously though I think the way they are handling grubhub orders is archaic.  There must be another option entirely where you hook up a pc and run a grubhub app.  It's probably light years ahead.

LOL they live in ancient times. They are stuck in their old ways and would never venture to use an APP of all things to take orders. I know, it sounds awful but there's really not much to do. The restaurant is coming up on its end of life and they don't want to invest much more money in it - they are already talking about walking away from it based on whenever the landlord evicts them. I figure, anything we can do now to help make things a little easier, without attempting a complete overhaul, would be good.