Author Topic: Fandango GC or AMC GC?  (Read 2266 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Fandango GC or AMC GC?
« on: June 14, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
Hey guys,

I have some Fandango e-giftcards/credit (doesn't expire) as well as an AMC physical GC - should I use the Fandango GC or the AMC GC? We're watching a movie at our local "dollar" theater that was bought out by AMC but the movie is cheap either way (Zootopia 3d - $3.99) - I'm leaning towards using up the AMC GC just because you can only use that at AMC theaters and there Fandango GCs are more flexible in that you can use them that Edwards/Regal and AMC.

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Fandango GC or AMC GC?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »
I would use the AMC gift card at the AMC theater and save the Fandango gift card for other theaters. You get the most bang for your buck that way, especially if you go to a full price matinee which is always cheaper away from AMC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Re: Fandango GC or AMC GC?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:04:03 AM »
I would use the AMC gift card at the AMC theater and save the Fandango gift card for other theaters. You get the most bang for your buck that way, especially if you go to a full price matinee which is always cheaper away from AMC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I went ahead and did that based on hunch, as we watched a matinee Zootopia. What's the point of saving the AMC gift card - it's a rip-off to buy food at the theater (which we ironically used the GC for one time one a 'splurge', but that was because the movie we were watching was free LOL). I'll pretty much never go to the movies unless I have some sort of free ticket or at a minimum, bogof