Author Topic: Site to resell gift certificate for Italeau boots?  (Read 1248 times)

Rylito

• Stubble
Site to resell gift certificate for Italeau boots?
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
So a kind-hearted but clueless relative gave my vegetarian mom a gift certificate for a free pair of pricey Italeau boots, which are all made of suede or leather.  My mom won't wear these and she doesn't know anyone else she can re-gift the certificate or boots to. 

When she told me what happened I assumed she had received a gift card, which I thought she could resell on Cardpool or a similar site.  It turns out she received a hard copy of a gift certificate with a code to redeem on Italeau's website.  Is there anywhere else she can resell it?  Or should she redeem it for a pair of boots and then resell on ebay or Poshmark?  (She doesn't have an account on either site so I feel like it's a lot of bother for her to resell the boots online.)

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Site to resell gift certificate for Italeau boots?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:46 PM »
Any chance she can call the company, explain her views, and ask for a "cash exchange"?

Rylito

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »
I don't know...I guess it's worth a shot, though.

socaso

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Just a heads up about Poshmark, if she doesn't even have an account it's not the best place to try to sell something. It's a social site and you have to have a ton of followers to get sales. I've been on it for a year and haven't sold a thing. Also their take of your sale seems kind of high to me. Ebay would be a better bet.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!