Author Topic: Electric toothbrushes?  (Read 17819 times)

thompsonlee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Electric toothbrushes?
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
I've had a Sonicare since this post - it's worked fine by me too. But this crazy newfangled devices
that propose to brush all your teeth at once in under 5 seconds (to the same cleanliness as 2-3 minutes total brushing,
so they claim). Can't say I'm not lusting after those now, though I'm waiting for more data on real efficacy of course.

[commercial link deleted]

[Thus spake the moderator:  "BEGONE SPAMMER!" and, lo, the spammer was gone.]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:42:44 PM by FrugalToque »

TheWifeHalf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:57 PM »
Sonicare e-series here. 8 yrs old

civil4life

• Bristles
    • My Journal
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
I started using an electric toothbrush early last summer.  It has been a noticeable difference.  My dentist could definitely tell a difference.  Even months after a cleaning I still feel that nice smooth just had a cleaning feel on my teeth.

I bought a Sonic FX Solo Toothbrush from Groupon for $37 and Groupon has 6% back from ebates as well.

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
The Sonicare e-series basic model is still about $25.

Brought my 18 yr old daughter to the dentist, and once again, no cavities and no cleaning necessary. She doesn't floss, she only uses Sonicare.

As far as replacing heads - they have a reminder color that fades when it's time to replace. I don't skimp here - when the color has faded, or a few bristles have frayed, it's time to replace. Not worth it when it comes to my teeth.

I never viewed being sick as reason to replace heads, reason being the sonic waves kill bacteria. The same reason they knock out the plaque and toughen up your gums is the same reason any bacteria would not live on them.

Our local HEB had $13.00 off coupons for Sonicares over the holiday. So I got a couple more units for $12 bucks apiece.