Author Topic: Earthbreeze laundry sheets  (Read 1463 times)

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
Earthbreeze laundry sheets
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »
Is anyone out there using Earthbreeze laundry sheets? Powder and liquid are messy, Tide pods are easy but expensive (and so much plastic). Earthbreeze makes sheets and sells by subscription. $12/month for 60 sheets/loads. I’m wondering if anyone has experience with them. The subscription cost seems to be competitive with powder but without the mess.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Earthbreeze laundry sheets
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 06:01:06 AM »
I preface this with the disclaimer that I don’t find powders particularly messy or inconvenient so perhaps that influences my opinion on the value add of sheet form. That doesn’t seem on par with the powder my household uses. We pay about 8 dollars for ~200 loads. Perhaps if we needed to go to a laundromat I would consider the extra expense worth it.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:30:56 AM »
I haven't tried the sheets, but one solution to the plastic issue is Dropps.  It's a mail-order subscription service for laundry pods and I think also dishwasher pods.  I've used their laundry products for 2 years now very happily. All cardboard, no plastic.

Louisville

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:29 AM »
Anyone else remember when laundry powder and dishwasher powder used to come in a cardboard carton? You'd cut a corner off the box and pour. Later, little metal slide out spouts were added.

draco44

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 09:32:50 AM »
I've also never used these sheets, but poked around and noticed that if you do decide to buy, if you bulk buy 12 packages at once rather than signing up for their monthly subscription model, the price per package comes out to $8.33 a pack rather than $12 a pack. https://www.earthbreeze.com/products/earth-breeze-eco-sheets-1-year-package-360-eco-sheets-discount

Up to you if that's worth it or not. I like plastic-free packaging but wouldn't pay the premium for convenience reasons alone.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 09:33:11 AM »
What are laundry sheets?

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:36:09 AM »
We use wool dryer balls.  Clothes come out nice and soft and seems to reduce drying time a little bit as well. 

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 11:01:57 AM »
What are laundry sheets?

I guess its instead of detergent.

How about soap nuts?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 01:08:14 PM »
The ads for this are annoying, mostly because they never go away. They basically made laundry detergent into what looks like a standard dryer sheet. You put it in the washer and it dissolves or whatever.

I have no idea if the things work or what annoying side effects they may have. Odors? not fully dissolving? Not actually cleaning well? This I would determine by using them, which I'm not. Feel free to try it and let me know.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 01:29:16 PM »
We use wool dryer balls.  Clothes come out nice and soft and seems to reduce drying time a little bit as well.

It's not an alternative to disposable dryer sheets, it's laundry detergent.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »
I'm confused about the need.  What exactly is the mess with liquid or powder?  I've been using them both for more than two decades with no mess related issues.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »
I’ve always used powder and have never had a mess issues. However, DW and dear children experience some challenges...

I find liquid to be a pain, and again, so does the rest of the family, and the container is big and plastic. I love Tide Pods, but they’re expensive and the packaging bugs me. I’m thinking of trying the sheets as an eco-conscious and relatively cost effective alternative.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
Someone here posted a recipe years ago and that's what I've been using since.

Gather a bar of soap (I use remnants), 1 cup washing soda, and 1 cup borax. Put it in a blender and voila! Laundry detergent.

https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-soap/

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 07:30:11 AM »
Someone here posted a recipe years ago and that's what I've been using since.

Gather a bar of soap (I use remnants), 1 cup washing soda, and 1 cup borax. Put it in a blender and voila! Laundry detergent.

https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-soap/

I guess a side benefit is that it cleans your blender too.