Author Topic: Drive a big rig for fun?  (Read 2845 times)

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
Drive a big rig for fun?
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »
I know there are a lot of people on here who know about trucks.  Can anyone tell me how to find a place where a person who doesn't have a CDL can drive a big rig around on a closed course for fun?  My FIL believes such places exist, and wants to buy a session for my MIL for her birthday, but I haven't had any luck googling.  They live in MD but would be willing to drive (not fly).

Thanks!

GetItRight

• Pencil Stache
Re: Drive a big rig for fun?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
Never heard of anything like that. I've known a couple people over the years that were owner/operators. Make friends and maybe the opportunity will come along?

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »
There are racecourses around here where you can pay to drive a race car, but you have to have a full drivers licence to do so. I can't imagine driving a truck would be any different. There may be places where you can hoon around on a skid pan, but an unlicensed driver? I doubt it.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »
Call the closest CDL school.  Some of the ones I know of have top notch simulators that feel like the real thing.  That would probably be your best bet unless you know someone with a semi and live in a rural area.