Author Topic: Does it itch you to build a side hustle?  (Read 2052 times)

Tidus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Does it itch you to build a side hustle?
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:04 AM »
Hello Guys,

I'm an employee for 9 years already and not dreaming to be for life. :)

Through the years of my employment, I've been laid off and fired then rehire again.

There's always a stigma when you are applying for a new job coming from laid offs and firing. Like a negative connotation.

But you still need a job to survive. We all do. We need food, family to be taken cared of, and bills to pay.

And it hit me on my 8 years of being an employee.

I asked myself, is life always be like living paycheck to paycheck?

...working for someone else?
...building someone's dreams?
...following orders and do what has been told to you to do?
...asking permissions to have off?

Things like that.

I fell like a fish out from the water who climbs a tree.

(I know it's kinda of late realization.) :)

That there's something wrong in my situation. I'm bigger than this. I kept telling that to my self.

So I decided to build my side hustle while working on my job. I'm learning the internet marketing thing. One giant animal.

It's hard to do it alone and would love to see if there are like-minded people out there doing the same or the ones who would want to start their side hustle in order replace their corporate job.

So for those who resonate with this post got few questions, especially for the beginners or just itching to build a side hustle:

When it comes to building your side hustle (online), what’s your single biggest challenge?”
Why would it be helpful for you to solve this problem?
And how would your life be different if you solve it?

Be as candid and honest as you want.

I would love to hear your stories.

MrThatsDifferent

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Does it itch you to build a side hustle?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 02:33:25 AM »
There’s a whole Entrepreneurship section.

Tidus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:36:39 AM »
Oh.. Sorry @MrThatsDifferent. Thanks for mentioning. :)

MaaS

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:28:51 AM »
This person is without a doubt selling "how to launch a marketing agency" coaching services.

A market that makes snake oil salesmen look like straight shooters.

Tidus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:14:58 AM »
Hi @MaaS I wish I knew.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 06:23:30 AM »
You keep asking for other people's stories and have mentioned several times that you are trying to help people, um, I guess escape the corporate slave model??

What exactly are you looking for? What help do you have to offer? And what have you done in terms of entrepreneurship?

Also, a lot of the skills that are required to succeed as an entrepreneur are also skills that can result in a lot of success and autonomy as an employee, so it's not really a black and white dichotomy of: being an employee is hellish slavery and being a business owner is blissful freedom.

Sometimes it's: being a business owner is a weight of enormous responsibility/risk and being an employee allows you to leverage someone else's risk while maintaining a lot of professional freedom.

Just a thought.

Tidus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 06:40:52 AM »
Hey @Malkynn

I'm helping young employees who are just starting to be aware that corporate jobs don't suit them at all.

About the offer? That's why I need to know they're struggling with. Their problems and frustrations and dreams.

I can create ebooks or courses with my best ability. I'm looking ways to give value to those who need my help.

Yep totally newbie here. But I have to start somewhere. And I don't mind people judge me like I'm just selling some marketing agency. Or some salesman shit out there scamming people. It's part of the journey that people will laugh or put your down on what you do.

Besides if people are not bashing you, you're doing it small or just neutral.

I'm trying to be good here. :)