Author Topic: Denver Real Estate Market- Buy First Home?  (Read 1346 times)

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
Denver Real Estate Market- Buy First Home?
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:28:24 AM »
I recently located to Denver after living in the Bay Area for a number of years.
Housing is not cheap in the greater Denver area but I cant help but feel that I am missing out by not purchasing a home.
I am not certain how long I will live in the greater Denver area but have no plans to move/ goals to live elsewhere.
Buying a home could allow me to rent out 1-2 rooms for roommates, or airbnb it while I travel for work which is several times a month.
Renting these past 5 years has allowed for tremendous flexibility but has come with intense fomo thinking about how much equity I would otherwise have in a home.
Curious to hear what folks on hear think about the greater Denver area real estate market. Over valued or poised for tremendous growth?

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Re: Denver Real Estate Market- Buy First Home?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
The market here has cooled down a bit compared to a few years ago so you should have some decent options.

Colorado is a great place to live and the Denver metro area seems to hold it's value well but I would not go into it expecting to make big money in a couple of years like we did in the 2010 - 2016 time period.

Personally I expect our property for the next few years to slightly out pace surrounding areas and the national average. Of course I could be wrong and it could go to the sky or fall like a rock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Denver Real Estate Market- Buy First Home?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 06:45:14 PM »
Back in the eighties, a friend of mine bought her Denver condo for $25k. She put it on her AMEX. Back then a lot of Texas was in the crapper too, due to a flagging oil industry. I suppose it's more diverse now and less likely to happen again, but I've never forgotten that.